Administration Settings Blank

I just installed the CS Cart beta last night and every time I click on the Settings link for Administration I get a blank screen. Any ideas as to why? I am guessing something else must be messed up since it works via the Demo on the website.

Thanks

Permissions?

same here except i get the dreaded fatal error message…

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Permissions?[/QUOTE]

Which permissions would you be referring to? I have checked most all the permissions available to me with no luck.

I think he meant Folder permissions on istall. Like read write execute

I did do the permissions when I setup the cart, but I guess I could have messed up, I will try a re-install again.

Still seem to be getting the same blank screen, I would assume no one else has had this issue.

I heard rumors the fatal errors are “special for testing new upgrade center”…so give the upgrade center a shot and see if the bugs are fixed…

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I heard rumors the fatal errors are “special for testing new upgrade center”…so give the upgrade center a shot and see if the bugs are fixed…[/QUOTE]

Well the “refresh packages list” doesn’t show anything and the “settings” link is just as blank as the Administration Settings page.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I heard rumors the fatal errors are “special for testing new upgrade center”…so give the upgrade center a shot and see if the bugs are fixed…[/quote]

I hope you are not right, Snorocket, because I made myself a lot of trouble with Beta3, because I thought it was my fault that the damned thing is producing this error message in several pages:

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /path_to_shop/5csbeta/addons/suppliers/func.php on line 39

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /path_to_shop/5csbeta/core/fn.sales_reports.php on line 527

I guess every time the function fn_get_user_info is called it is producing this error.

This is what I did: I had installed it on a subdomain with PHP 5.2.6 standard running and a database with MySQL 5.0.51. Then I tried it with MySQL 4.1.2. Then I tried it with PHP 5.2.6 extended and then with light. I installed it on a normal domain instead of a subdomain. I looked at the beta installation here from the CS-Cart team and noticed that it seemed to be okay. So I downloaded the archive again and installed it again in another directory on our server - same thing again. BTW, I still cannot logout from the admin center. I always delete the sessions to log out.

So, I hope you are not right, Snorocket…

Here’s the fix

I get a Fatal error trying to access the General Setttings page under admin.

admin.php?dispatch=settings.manage

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in …/addons/suppliers/func.php on line 39

line 39: $cache[$supplier_id] = fn_get_user_info($supplier_id, NULL, $no_profile);

Fixed version

line 39: $cache[$supplier_id] = fn_get_user_info($supplier_id, $is_null = NULL, $no_profile);

You must pass a variable such as $is_null. Passing a value such as NULL is no longer allowed in PHP 5.1 and up.

[quote name=‘hykit’]Here’s the fix

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in …/addons/suppliers/func.php on line 39

line 39: $cache[$supplier_id] = fn_get_user_info($supplier_id, NULL, $no_profile);

Fixed version

line 39: $cache[$supplier_id] = fn_get_user_info($supplier_id, $is_null = NULL, $no_profile);

You must pass a variable such as $is_null. Passing a value such as NULL is no longer allowed in PHP 5.1 and up.[/quote]

Thank you, Hykit, for your efforts, but I don’t think you should have done that. If you have a look at the demo installation of BETA3 you will notice that these bugs don’t exist in that installation.

I’m quite sure that the version we downloaded is not the actual version. My bug report was not so friendly as I’m usual, for I have wasted a lot time for this bllsht.

Apart from that you can log out from the demo BETA, I can’t from my own installation.

[quote name=‘Miss Marple’]Thank you, Hykit, for your efforts, but I don’t think you should have done that. If you have a look at the demo installation of BETA3 you will notice that these bugs don’t exist in that installation.

I’m quite sure that the version we downloaded is not the actual version. My bug report was not so friendly as I’m usual, for I have wasted a lot time for this bllsht.

Apart from that you can log out from the demo BETA, I can’t from my own installation.[/QUOTE]

The reason could be that they have PHP 5.1 installed and certain errors such as NOTICE and WARNINGS are suppressed.

Those who have PHP 5.2 running will have the FATAL ERROR cause by the fn_get_user_info function.

Just do a global search for the function fn_get_user_info. Fix the function call where the 2nd parameter does not contain a variable. There are only a few. Once that has been fixed, the admin should work fine. Only thing not working for me is the captcha image for the tell-a-friend function.

Maybe you are right, Hykit, and they have PHP 5.1 installed. I don’t like to puzzle over this, I prefer to hear that from CS-Cart developpers, or wait until they fixed it.

But, can you log out?

[quote name=‘hykit’]Here’s the fix

Fixed version

You must pass a variable such as $is_null. Passing a value such as NULL is no longer allowed in PHP 5.1 and up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, hykit this did work.

[quote name=‘Miss Marple’]Maybe you are right, Hykit, and they have PHP 5.1 installed. I don’t like to puzzle over this, I prefer to hear that from CS-Cart developpers, or wait until they fixed it.

But, can you log out?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can log out.

Delete your cookies. Log back in, then try logging out.