Gift certificates end up with "Pending" status (issue)

Greetings - I have CS-Cart v3.5 SP1. I just added Gift Certificates as an addon to my web store. So I fill out the Gift Certificate form, add it to my cart, and complete the checkout process.

However, when the gift certificate order is processed, the gift certificate is ending up in a status of “Pending”. This is a problem because you can’t use (redeem) the gift certificate unless it is in a status of "Active.

I would prefer for the gift certificate to have a processed status of “Active”, and not have to make that change manually. Is there a way to do this? Or can you tell me where I would look in the source code to make this change? Curious - Is there a good reason why it is set to Pending, and not Active?

Thanks in advance - Mark

Hello Mark,

Status is on pending because of payment. Payment has to be approved before you can use certificate. What if i buy a certificate of 1000 euro and will not pay but i can use the certificate on your site?

Rgds,

DAnoel

Ok so this topic is VERY old… but… I seem to have the same issue in 2.24.

People buy a gift certificate, payment is approved immediately when buying, so order status should go straight to active, right?

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1323950165' post='127899']

Ok so this topic is VERY old… but… I seem to have the same issue in 2.24.

People buy a gift certificate, payment is approved immediately when buying, so order status should go straight to active, right?

[/quote]

This depends on the setting of “Change gift certificate status to” under Order Status setting.

Ah, thanks! Just installed certificated so did not know that :)