• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Have Buyers Appear On Product Page Rate Topic   - - - - -

• bcw323
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:41 AM #1

Looking to have each buyer's username appear on the product page and having a hard time finding information on how to do it. Any help would be appreciated!

• bcw323
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:53 PM #2

If the question wasn't clear what I want to do is this.

Every time someone buys a certain product their username will appear on a list ON the product listing page for that specific item. I know there is a way to do this but not sure how to go about it.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10460 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:32 PM #3

We can do this for you if you like.  Just click the Get-A-Quote link in my signature and give us your requirements.

Do note that I think this might generate some negative privacy concerns for your site unless you have it setup to ask purchasers if they want to opt-in to having their name associated with your products.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17112 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:03 AM #4

Unfortunately, mentioned feature cannot be created with few lines of code. We can also offer you custom development service. Feel free to contact us

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10460 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:38 PM #5

Use the get_product_data hook.

Scan the DB for orders where users purchased the product

Create the list (determine if/how you want to include anonymous users).  You'll have to do joins to the users table to get actual names or extract them from the orders.

Apply a template variable using that data.

Use one of the many template hooks to present the list on the product details page.

This is a few hours of coding/testing by someone who knows what they're doing in cs-cart.  It's not simple, but it's not big either.  Just has to be thought through and implemented correctly so that it will survive upgrades and not be a huge performance impact.  Rather than scanning the orders table very time for each product, suggest you use a post controller for the checkout.complete controller to create a table of products by user_id to make the look up of users more efficient.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• bcw323
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:32 AM #6

Thank you for all your answers guys! I think I have decided to go a different route with things but I will keep in mind that I can just pay you guys if I'm stuck in the future :mrgreen: