Missing Customer's Address Information

On extremely rare occasions an order will come through with no shipping/billing information. I had an order come through yesterday that may give a clue but not sure how he did it. Customer is form Denmark, yet somehow he put USA for his country and also was able to choose a US shipping option. No address showed on the order. Anyone else ever see this?

Sometimes we receive similar complaints from our customers. But none can reproduce it. So we have no idea how to debug it, but the problem exists

I would contact the customer to clarify the details

Yeah, I have just been contacting the customers to find out their shipping information. I can see there billing details through my merchant account but obviously can't assume they want it shipped to that address. Sure seems unprofessional to say "you owe us more money for shipping" when something like this happens. But as eComLabs said, it is so rare that it's hard to debug and/or replicate. At least I'm not alone like most issues I have like this. lol

the shopping cart doesn't check the shipping address when made an order?

That is what is odd about this issue. Those fields are required but somehow the customer gets past it or the information is lost during checkout/payment. As I said, it is so rare it is impossible to replicate. You just see when the order comes in it has no billing or shipping information included. If you try to do that on the site, during checkout you will get an warning/error if you leave any of those fields blank and it won't let you proceed.

there is one way someone to pay without shipping details, it is when you have the paypal express add-on. when you are in cart contents page at the bottom have paypal express button, if you press it without adding shipping details above it, it takes you to paypal and you just pay for the products. I am not sure if you mean this

Sent from my SM-G9550 using Tapatalk

there is one way someone to pay without shipping details, it is when you have the paypal express add-on. when you are in cart contents page at the bottom have paypal express button, if you press it without adding shipping details above it, it takes you to paypal and you just pay for the products. I am not sure if you mean this Sent from my SM-G9550 using Tapatalk

Should not the store receive an address from PayPal in this case?

I do use PayPal with multiple steps for checkout so the customer has to fill in their required fields before it will allow them to go to the payment option and select it. So not sure how they can skip that step since all those fields are required. I am guessing they are filling out that information but some glitch happens that erases it all which is why the wrong county and shipping can be selected.

I do use PayPal with multiple steps for checkout so the customer has to fill in their required fields before it will allow them to go to the payment option and select it. So not sure how they can skip that step since all those fields are required. I am guessing they are filling out that information but some glitch happens that erases it all which is why the wrong county and shipping can be selected.

Is the Override customer info option enabled in your PayPal add-on settings? If this option is enabled, customer info will be overwritten with the information from the PayPal account.

If the Override customer info option enabled in your PayPal add-on settings? If this option is enabled, customer info will be overwritten with the information from the PayPal account.

No I don't have that option enabled as I figure some customers may want to ship to a different address. I assume it would force them to have to ship to their PayPal address.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I too am experiencing a similar issue with PayPal overriding our site's shipping info (I also don't have the "override" setting checked in the add-on). However, it is happening on every one of our orders. Support is aware but they haven't gotten back just yet. Not seeing any other fixes in the forums. ?

We have the same problem.

4.3.3. uses only PayPal Express and all orders started coming with merged address fields.

Address1 will have Address1+Address2 in it, Address2 will be empty and, most importatnly, the county for UK will be empty.

We have contacted support, all they told us is disable "Override customer info", which we do not even have in PayPal Express.

Suggest you push the issue with helpdesk and get an accurate response. Nothing we can do here....

Started a new topic here, didn't want to keep hijacking. Thanks!

http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/51936-paypal-not-displaying-cscart-shipping-info-correctly