• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Separate Main Content Sections On Category Pages Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:07 AM #1

I am looking to have two separate content sections on category pages. One at the top and one underneath all of the products like the link below. I have searched high and low and haven't managed to figure it out. Any input would be great. Thanks

Thanks all,

Adam

• oleg.gorshkov
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:49 AM #2

I am looking to have two separate content sections on category pages. One at the top and one underneath all of the products like the link below. I have searched high and low and haven't managed to figure it out. Any input would be great. Thanks

Thanks all,

Adam

Hello, Adam!

Do you mean additional texts? Then you can use blocks with smarty support and display, for example, full description.

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE
Testing by QA and personal manager for free.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 16,128 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:14 AM #3

Go to Design -> Layouts -> Categories page and create new block under the Main content one.

On the Update category pages you can add unique text for each category in this block

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration

Certified CS-Cart RU Developer | Сертифицированный разработчик на CS-Cart Русская Версия

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:34 PM #4

I've tried that, I must be doing it wrong, but everytime I add a html block or html smarty block to the layout it requires text in the content field and I want each category to have unique content.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 16,128 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:21 AM #5

I've tried that, I must be doing it wrong, but everytime I add a html block or html smarty block to the layout it requires text in the content field and I want each category to have unique content.

Unique content can be added from the Update category page. You can use the following content as default:

<div class="hidden"></div>

(!) Do not forget to switch WYSIWYG editor to source code mode

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration

Certified CS-Cart RU Developer | Сертифицированный разработчик на CS-Cart Русская Версия