Variation: Getting The Data Feeds And Google Export Spot On

So one of the most critical things to get working exactly right IMO is the google export data feed. I know recent updates have introduced the ability to export configurable products (different variations) into feeds as per many peoples request and I have provided input of how this needs to work with Google especially.

However it seems the data feeds + google export addons are still not quite right with configurable products:

1) Even when highlighting only 'Simple Product' and Product Variation' only under the general feed settings the main 'configurable product' is still submitted in the feed.

2) When selecting 'Size' as the equivalent in google for the option, even though the size heading is present at the top of the feed once mapped, the field is blank for each of the products

3) The item_group_id is not show in the feed nor is it an option in field mapping to work with the option above as per: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324507?hl=en-GB

4) if the GTIN is left blank the product code is submitted to google (with GTIN selected in field mapping) which is worse than having it blank as google suspends the products for re-submitting the same code if you have used it as the MPN already.

Despite releasing what should be a finished product and some of the functionality in place it seems CS-Cart acknowledge this isn't working properly:"As for Google Feed, unfortunately, the Product Variations addon has not been adapted to work with it yet. It is a known issue and most probably, it will be fixed in future versions."

So hopefully we can get some updates in this thread?

Thanks - Adam.

To add to this tax is not being added to the variations despite pricing being set to Google Price (with tax included).

Not fit for purpose at all currently this.

To add to this tax is not being added to the variations despite pricing being set to Google Price (with tax included).

Not fit for purpose at all currently this.

Can you provide more detail on this, I'm not quite understand what do you mean.

Can you provide more detail on this, I'm not quite understand what do you mean.

OK, So we have a Camera entered at £100 ex VAT that is not a configurable product and the feed correctly adds £20 VAT making it £120 inc VAT (Google price with tax included).

When converting to a configurable product with 3 size options we now get:

The Configurable product still at £120

Variation 1 at £100

Variation 2 at £100

Variation 3 at £100

But we need:

Variation 1 at £120

Variation 2 at £120

Variation 3 at £120

Also it would be good if you could just change the one configurable product price with the option of updating all variations automatically with the same price rather than having to change 3/4 prices.

Adam.