• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:58 PM #1

Hi,

I'm trying to hide 3 menu items from the vendor admin panel. Specifically:

- Products > Features

- Products > Filters

- Customers > Customers

I know that the modifications need to be made in app/schemas/permissions/vendor_multivendor.php

But I'm not that great at PHP and I'm just not sure what or how to modify  :-(

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 15,781 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:20 AM #2

You can enable the My changes module and create the app/addons/my_changes/schemas/permissions/vendor_multivendor.post.php file with the following content:

<?php

$schema['controllers']['product_features']['modes']['manage']['permissions'] = false;
$schema['controllers']['product_filters']['modes']['manage']['permissions'] = false;
$schema['controllers']['profiles']['modes']['manage']['param_permissions']['user_type']['C'] = false;

return $schema;

Do not forget to clear cache before checking the result

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration

Certified CS-Cart RU Developer | Сертифицированный разработчик на CS-Cart Русская Версия

• maverick1
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:48 PM #3

That worked perfectly!

Thanks so much.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 15,781 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:04 AM #4

You are welcome! :)

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration

Certified CS-Cart RU Developer | Сертифицированный разработчик на CS-Cart Русская Версия

• pepo1
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:52 PM #5

What is the code for product categories? Vendors don't need to see those if they can't add or change them.

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:20 AM #6

Hello,

First of all, I want to post on the right forum, but I can't see any forum that suits for my questions. for that reason I am writing here.

Since couple of months I am looking for multivendor systems, found and tried few of them. now I wanted to setup this multivendor and try it. but at setup I had problem I think.

server is my own computer, domain is mapped. I have couple website running, which developed on asp by myself, working perfectly. as well, I have tried another multivendor sistem, which is developed on php, that works well too. in shortly, I don't have any php or server config problems at all. the folder has full permission for iis and computer users. as well admin, system, owner..

when I am trying to setup this, after I enter database info, starts the progress bar and works. waiting for very long time, even I can say over one hour time, still it's the progress bar. I have checked database and there are lot's of tables with data. so, kind of installs. however, never finished.

then I did reset server, emptied database, emptied folder and extracted all files, started install again. but it's the same result. resetted again and tried to setup on different browser, since crome didn't show the progress bar in blue color like shows on docs, I tried to use firefox, but it's the same results.

after 4 times checked every thing and tried to setup again, no luck. for that reason I wanted ask on the forum.

this last time I have counted the files in the 4.62.zip before start setup, it was 17181 files and now I counted, it's 20552 file in the folders. as well on database lot's of tables with data. I guess the install script is working, but not finishing. 5 times tried in total, no success.

by this way, even technically it's not important, computer config is: 2 processor(8 core, 3ghz cpu), 32GB ram, SSD, PHP 7.1, Windows 10(IIS 10).

what do you think?

Thanks in advance.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:08 PM #7

I think you have a problem with your configuration on your localhost that is causing confusion for redirects.    I.e. I would look at your "domain is mapped" configuration.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:39 AM #8

Thanks for your reply.

I have couple websites that working on the same server. the hosts(DNS) file or IIS binding don't have any problems for sure. it's domain directly binding without "localhost" version and called with full domain name on url like this; http://mydomain.com, without www.

After your comment, I am thinking to try again with binding www. also, I didn't installed any SSL for this domain yet, just tried with HTTP. I should also have to try with SSL too. Thanks for your opinion.

If there was domain mapping problem, the website didn't work at all, isn't? but let say if the install script needs redirect, where it has to redirect??

I can see very clearly that the install script started working and created many tables with data on database and copied many files from the install directory to it's up level. but then what it has to do?? even I am not sure it was completed all setup work there. the problem is there. because there is not any error code and "kind of freezes" on the progress bar.

not sure, but someone from developers could answer this.

Thanks in advance.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 15,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:50 AM #9

What is the code for product categories? Vendors don't need to see those if they can't add or change them.

Use the same algorithm but for the "categories" controller and corresponding modes

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:42 PM #10

When the install script completes, it redirects to the usl with "/admin.php" applied.  It uses whatever protocol (http or https) was used to launch the install script.  From your earlier descriptions it seems you are either getting a permission issue on admin.php or your environment is not allowing the redirect.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:04 PM #11

This is the error from 4.63 new version.

Query:
REPLACE INTO `cscart_bm_block_statuses` (`snapping_id`, `object_ids`, `object_type`)
  VALUES  ((SELECT `snapping_id` FROM `cscart_bm_snapping` WHERE `user_class` = 'products__stark_industries' LIMIT 1), '26', 'pages')

Error occured at:2017-11-08 07:56:34
Line no.:11
Error Code: 1048 - Column 'snapping_id' cannot be null

I have tried new download and install. it's error again. but this time I see that install script asking overwrite the previous database table, even it was completely empty database. then I have tried to install scheme and data/data demo manually with SQLYog. it give me very clear error code. that error is when excute demo.post.sql.

It's 100% clear that this is nothing to do with permission issue. this is install script error.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:28 PM #12

Not clear why install script would be doing anything with block_statuses and a SELECT would not be trying to SET any value.

Suggest you contact helpdesk.  It is not an error that I see nor have seen reported.  Hence it will take detailed review of yoru database and server environment. 

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:47 AM #13

When I am trying to contact them, they asks email and password. I don't have any membership yet, accept on this forums.

Well, I haven't buy the cs-cart multivendor yet. I am researching for multivendor systems since couple of months and trying to test and see which one is better fits for my needs. WooCommerce is free, and dirty cheap, it has very wide and huge big collections add-on. but it's good for small scale websites. Magento and Cs-cart seems good for bigger websites, like 1000 vendors seems like no problems. However, it's hard to make decision until you setup it by yourself and test it. so, I am trying to test this.

I have so many questions on the cs-cart multivendor system. I am new member here and I can't even open topic on this forums. for that reason trying to ask while writing on open topic. sorry if someone didn't like it.

Thanks for your reply tbirnseth

I will try contact their sales team once more.

Regards.

• Angeltown
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:47 PM #14

You can enable the My changes module and create the app/addons/my_changes/schemas/permissions/vendor_multivendor.post.php file with the following content:

<?php

$schema['controllers']['product_features']['modes']['manage']['permissions'] = false;
$schema['controllers']['product_filters']['modes']['manage']['permissions'] = false;
$schema['controllers']['profiles']['modes']['manage']['param_permissions']['user_type']['C'] = false;

return $schema;

Do not forget to clear cache before checking the result

THANK YOU for this. 

Question: Is it possible to do the same in admin for specific Administrators User Groups? We have several levels of support staff and we really need to do better in showing them only the content they need. 

CS-Cart 4.4.3 & CS-Cart Multi-Vendor 4.5.2

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 15,781 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:21 AM #15

THANK YOU for this. 

Question: Is it possible to do the same in admin for specific Administrators User Groups? We have several levels of support staff and we really need to do better in showing them only the content they need. 

You can associate any controller or mode with permissions in the following schema

app/schemas/permissions/admin.php

It can be also extended with addons.

• Angeltown
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:52 AM #16

You can associate any controller or mode with permissions in the following schema

app/schemas/permissions/admin.php

It can be also extended with addons.

thank you!

CS-Cart 4.4.3 & CS-Cart Multi-Vendor 4.5.2