Product Variations Images

Hi,

I have been testing the new product variations (beta) in v4.6.2 and it works quite nicely. However, when I create 2 variations of a product and give them different images, it doesn't seem to affect it?

Example: Product 1 has two variations (var1 and var2). When a customer chooses to buy Product 1, and then selects var1, it should show image1. If they select var2, it should show image2.

However, it shows the image1 in for both variations. Is there a specific way to set the images when using product variations?

Hi,

I have been testing the new product variations (beta) in v4.6.2 and it works quite nicely. However, when I create 2 variations of a product and give them different images, it doesn't seem to affect it?

Example: Product 1 has two variations (var1 and var2). When a customer chooses to buy Product 1, and then selects var1, it should show image1. If they select var2, it should show image2.

However, it shows the image1 in for both variations. Is there a specific way to set the images when using product variations?

Hello! You should change your [cscart_root]/app/functions/fn.order_management.php file as described here https://gist.github.com/uzaharova/178b71b6cee20e767eceabf667aa50bd

Hello! You should change your [cscart_root]/app/functions/fn.order_management.php file as described here https://gist.github.com/uzaharova/178b71b6cee20e767eceabf667aa50bd

Hi,

Thanks for that, I assume I need to replace the text in red with the text in green?

It does seem like a lot of work for something I assumed would be part of the add-on, but I guess it could be a bug due to it being in beta

Many thanks!

Thanks for that, I assume I need to replace the text in red with the text in green?

Yes.

It does seem like a lot of work for something I assumed would be part of the add-on, but I guess it could be a bug due to it being in beta

It's bug of CS-Cart and it will be fixed in version 4.6.3

I have tried the changes from that link but it doesn't work for me. When I copied across the new file, my website said "HTTP Error 500". I did make a backup of the original and copied it back, and its fine now. Is there something else I need to do?

The only lines I didn't update were:

--- a/app/functions/fn.order_management.php +++ b/app/functions/fn.order_management.php

This is because I couldn't find the line in red to replace (I've never done coding before so I don't understand most of this lol)

I have tried the changes from that link but it doesn't work for me. When I copied across the new file, my website said "HTTP Error 500". I did make a backup of the original and copied it back, and its fine now. Is there something else I need to do?

This is because I couldn't find the line in red to replace (I've never done coding before so I don't understand most of this lol)

Hello!

Try again but more carefully. You might forget some sign. If there is the 500 error, you can enable the error displaying and check it.

To enable errors you need to add this code in local_conf.php file:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 'on');
ini_set('display_startup_errors', true);

But do not forget to disable the development mode after you apply the changes.

I can help you. Send me a temporary FTP access to your site in private message.

If you convert to product variation an then must add one(1) combination, all the old you have is lose !!!!