How To Re-Design The 'product' Page

I need to change the layout of the product page elements. Not by way of the Layout Editor. The problem I'm encountering is that all of the elements I want to move around are all inside one block called 'Main Content'.

The elements I want to move locations of are the product thumbnail, list of product options and the Promo Text. I've been through the User Guide and Designer Guide with no luck. Where should I be looking for instruction or guidance on moving those items around the page?

I need to change the layout of the product page elements. Not by way of the Layout Editor. The problem I'm encountering is that all of the elements I want to move around are all inside one block called 'Main Content'.

The elements I want to move locations of are the product thumbnail, list of product options and the Promo Text. I've been through the User Guide and Designer Guide with no luck. Where should I be looking for instruction or guidance on moving those items around the page?

Go to: Design > Template Editor > YOUR THEME > Templates > Blocks > Product_Templates > Default_template.tpl

Overhere you can see the code for the product page, this is the only way to edit it. This is really the only way to edit it. If you do edit something make sure to clear the cache by using: Administration > Storage > Clear Cache.

If you do have any more questions feel free to ask them.

Please take a look

http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.6.x/developer_guide/addons/tutorials/custom_templates_via_addon.html

I cannot think of reason why developers do not offer freedom of rearranging elements of main content… it would allow having simply more inique desing

I cannot think of reason why developers do not offer freedom of rearranging elements of main content.. it would allow having simply more inique desing

We started to work on such module, but tried to save default CS-Cart styles. Unfortunately it does not work. So if block A is located after block B as on the default template - it is ok. But if we switch their positions, layout is broken. Imagine that you have about 40 blocks on the product page and count how many variations can be created. At the moment the module is postponed and we are looking for alternative solution

Thats what I told here

http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/49797-the-new-cs-cart-page-is-up-and-running/

cs-cart company face is constantly "facelifted" while me, one who contributes to product development, who pays subscriptions and licenses get nothing over the years now, bug fixes and more fixes. There was a time when I was waiting very exited of new releases but now no more, again bug fixes and more fixes..

I want major improvements in area where I represent my products to my customers!

Thanks for pointing to this doc. It's beyond what I'm have the time to teach myself. Is there someone who could create a custom product detail page layout for me?

Like Darius's reply stated, the single most important page on the website is the one where the customer decides on product options and adds it to their cart.

Thanks for pointing to this doc. It's beyond what I'm have the time to teach myself. Is there someone who could create a custom product detail page layout for me?

Like Darius's reply stated, the single most important page on the website is the one where the customer decides on product options and adds it to their cart.

Hello,

I'd love to help, if you would like you can send me a PM message or a e-mail (info@poppedweb.com) and it will be done within a day!

Best wishes,

?dispatch=templates.manage

Some of the suff can be re arranged here

templates / blocks / product_templates / default_template.tpl

some stuff can be overriden, added via hooks… But it is hardcoded solution, while I prefer move all elements in layout manager…

I need to change the layout of the product page elements. Not by way of the Layout Editor. The problem I’m encountering is that all of the elements I want to move around are all inside one block called ‘Main Content’.

The elements I want to move locations of are the product thumbnail, list of product options and the Promo Text. I’ve been through the User Guide and Designer Guide with no luck. Where should I be looking for instruction or guidance on moving those items around the page?

Our team is also at your service

I was about to ask the vendor of our new template why the product details page looked so different to the sample, then thought it may be something simple, hiding in our store's settings. Here are two screen shots showing the template's original layout and ours below. Notice how the image section on ours is squeezed over to the left. FYI - the backpack image is 1263 X 1939 in both.

PageComparison.jpg

I was about to ask the vendor of our new template why the product details page looked so different to the sample, then thought it may be something simple, hiding in our store's settings. Here are two screen shots showing the template's original layout and ours below. Notice how the image section on ours is squeezed over to the left. FYI - the backpack image is 1263 X 1939 in both.

Settings > Appearance > Product detailed page view > Big Picture.

Also make sure that the main content grid is 16 wide:

Design > Layouts > Products (click gear icon of grid where the block is located in).

Also pay attention to Settings -> Thumbnails -> Product details page thumbnail width

Thanks to all for your replies. The answers came from the theme vendor. The corrections to the size & placement of the 'Product Details Page thumbnail' have emphasized the 35px X 35px size of the 'mini thumbnail' below the product image. You can see that in the image earlier in this thread.

Is there a setting that regulates the size of those mini thumbnails? I've tried each of the thumbnail sized on the Settings>Thumbnails page. Is it a 'code' setting?

Thanks to all for your replies. The answers came from the theme vendor. The corrections to the size & placement of the 'Product Details Page thumbnail' have emphasized the 35px X 35px size of the 'mini thumbnail' below the product image. You can see that in the image earlier in this thread.

Is there a setting that regulates the size of those mini thumbnails? I've tried each of the thumbnail sized on the Settings>Thumbnails page. Is it a 'code' setting?

Actually this size is hardcoded

design/themes/THEME/templates/views/products/components/product_images.tpl

{assign var="th_size" value=$thumbnails_size|default:35}

Thank you - that worked perfectly. :-)

Check change with smartphone, this might break design..

Thank you - that worked perfectly. :-)