My Changes And Diffrent Themes

Hi,

I'm currently working on a customers multi-store website and i am running into a weird problem, at least in my eyes.

For all the stores i am using the Bright theme where i did some changes on using the My Changes add-on. All working fine!

For a new store we chose not to go with the default theme and bought the Energot theme for this, however this is giving css and/or other minor style issues unless i turn off the My Changes plugin.

Isn't it the whole idea that the My Changes plugin keeps these things seperated? Shouldn't My Changes have nothing to do with the new theme ive just opened?

Thanks Alex

If your new theme is based on the responsive theme, then you can go in and remove the addon hooks for that theme only. But they will be installed by default. If your theme is NOT based on the responsive theme and your my_changes hooks are in the responsive theme only, then they will NOT be applied to your other theme.

Hi,

I'm currently working on a customers multi-store website and i am running into a weird problem, at least in my eyes.

For all the stores i am using the Bright theme where i did some changes on using the My Changes add-on. All working fine!

For a new store we chose not to go with the default theme and bought the Energot theme for this, however this is giving css and/or other minor style issues unless i turn off the My Changes plugin.

Isn't it the whole idea that the My Changes plugin keeps these things seperated? Shouldn't My Changes have nothing to do with the new theme ive just opened?

Thanks Alex

Hello Alex!

In what theme are the my_changes add-on templates located?

Looks like both themes use responsive theme as parent. In this case just copy the My changes module from design/themes/responsive to design/themes/bright_theme. Then clear cache and check the result