Image Size Check

Can an image size check be added for the images being uploaded so that a minimum dimension ( 600px x 600px ) exisits for every image of the products that are being uploaded ?

This requirement exists now since the images on Instagram need the minimum size as 600px x 600px.

Custom coding can be added to verify the size of images before an upload proceeds. I've done this before, but it was the inverse; to prevent too large of images from being uploaded (artistic site where very high resolution images were being used).

can u share the code which was implemented or tell me where you implemented that ( file / function ) in case it was a core file.

I believe it used the product_image_uplload_post and update_image hooks.

You can use our Detailed Images Size addon with small customization, which will change size of all uploaded images to the specified width and height in the addon settings

You can use our Detailed Images Size addon with small customization, which will change size of all uploaded images to the specified width and height in the addon settings

Hi Ecom i checked the addon but this is for resizing the image , what we are looking for is to check the size of image when a vendor uploads it. We need a minimum size of 600px x 600px as dimensions for any image so that the same can be used for automatic advertisements on instagram.

If the size is > 600 px then it should allow the image to save else give error. This is our requirement. We dont want to resize images.

We can made a modification based on the addon in this case. Since it can detect image size, we can rework it to show the error notification