Pho 7.0 Service Unavailable

When we change to php7.0. Our site then only loads the service temporarily unavailable page. Revert back to php5.6 everything works.

Any ideas?

I just changed over to php 7.0 today and everything works fine. I did have to enable some php extensions that I was using before the switch, but these did not effect the opperation.

When we change to php7.0. Our site then only loads the service temporarily unavailable page. Revert back to php5.6 everything works.

Any ideas?

Check the error message in the source code of the Service Unavailable page (Ctrl+U). Most likely PHP7 is built without some of the required modules

So it wasn’t php7, it’s apc for caching that’s not working.

Response from my host.

The EasyApache4 doesn’t support APC module yet, especially for PHP7 - in other words, EasyApache4 does not currently support any caching mechanism other than OPCache. Please review this cPanel forum thread: https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/apc-and-xcache-in-ea4.554921/

Response from my host.

The EasyApache4 doesn't support APC module yet, especially for PHP7 - in other words, EasyApache4 does not currently support any caching mechanism other than OPCache. Please review this cPanel forum thread: https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/apc-and-xcache-in-ea4.554921/

APC/APCu caching is not mandatory. You can change cache backend in the following line of the config.local.php file of your installation:

$config['cache_backend'] = 'file';

by default it is set to 'file' as in the example.

Obviously it’s not mandatory. But we all want the fastest carts we can achieve. Is it not cs-cart that tells us to use php7.0 and apc together for optimum performance? But now being told we are trying to run on depreciate setups. Just trying to get the best possible setup we can that is accurate.

If you figure out a way to run PHP as FPM, you can use APC with PHP 7.0 by installing it through PECL. That is how I am able to use it.

pecl install apcu
pecl install apcu_bc-beta
sudo bash -c "echo extension=apcu.so > apcu.ini"
sudo bash -c "echo extension=apc.so > z_apc.ini"