Global Options Id

Hi,

CS-CART - 4.4.3

Is it possible to ad an ID or class to a global option?

I want to offer engraving,

i.e. Engraving: Yes/No

If Yes, ID element is shown, If No ID element is hidden?

We have a few thousand products, and its currently a Global Option,

But at the moment customers select no, and still try the engraved text,

Thanks

Stephen

ID of what element to show? Options allow you to set the key and value. But a global option would apply to all products. Otherwise if it's the product_id that you want as the key value for Engraving, then you'd have to do it on a product by product option basis.

You might look into an addon from Cart Power called "additional products" (or something like that). But again, you're going to be on a product by product basis.

Hi,

CS-CART - 4.4.3

Is it possible to ad an ID or class to a global option?

I want to offer engraving,

i.e. Engraving: Yes/No

If Yes, ID element is shown, If No ID element is hidden?

We have a few thousand products, and its currently a Global Option,

But at the moment customers select no, and still try the engraved text,

Thanks

Stephen

Sequential global options, ?

It's gonna depend on what 'id' hes' wanting there....

Never mind, I deleted the link from the table, cscart_product_global_option_links.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

I want to delete the connection between the product and the global option ID for a specific product. If I delete the global option within the product, the whole global option is gone and other products which depend on that global option will also be gone. Please advise. Thanks.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

If what you stated is true about deleting the global option in the product, then that is clearly a bug and you should report it to the bugtracker.

Never mind, I deleted the link from the table, cscart_product_global_option_links.

I want to delete the connection between the product and the global option ID for a specific product. If I delete the global option within the product, the whole global option is gone and other products which depend on that global option will also be gone. Please advise. Thanks.

If you delete the global option within the product the other global options should remain. IF YOU DISABLE it then the others disable too from what I remember.

I used to export the options, delete the global option id in the curly brackets, and re import just as a normal option for a product that use the same options.