Limiting Size Of Original Uploaded Images

Does anyone have a solution to limiting the scale of the uploaded original (large) images?

I have vendors who keep uploading massive shots from their cellphones. Once the thumbnails are generated things settle down, but there's still the large shot that loads on the product detail page (we have magnified view enable).

Yes, I can limit the allowable upload size, but they still seem to find ways to upload very large pixel dimension images, that are almost pointless on the product details page magnified view.

Many of my vendors are not technical, and are not sure how to downsample an image correctly.

Is there any standing add-on that will downsample these images before they're stored?

How about one that will downsample after they're stored (and correct the db entry).

(Tony will know what I'm talking about…)

Any advice appreciated. :-)

Does anyone have a solution to limiting the scale of the uploaded original (large) images?

I have vendors who keep uploading massive shots from their cellphones. Once the thumbnails are generated things settle down, but there's still the large shot that loads on the product detail page (we have magnified view enable).

Yes, I can limit the allowable upload size, but they still seem to find ways to upload very large pixel dimension images, that are almost pointless on the product details page magnified view.

Many of my vendors are not technical, and are not sure how to downsample an image correctly.

Is there any standing add-on that will downsample these images before they're stored?

How about one that will downsample after they're stored (and correct the db entry).

(Tony will know what I'm talking about…)

Any advice appreciated. :-)

Please check our free module

https://www.ecom-labs.com/ready-to-use-add-ons/cs-cart-detailed-images-size-add-on.html

Are you kidding me? Where have you been hiding for three years! :grin:

Thankyou!

Are you kidding me? Where have you been hiding for three years! :grin:

Thankyou!

:) Actually the addon was released about 2 months ago

That's a relief - I guess I'm not the only one who saw the need!

8)

I need to take a look on this, thanks!

If you have any questions, please let me know