How To Display Currency Rate?

I'd like to place the currency rate at some place so that customers could see it.

For example near the currency changer block; a customer could see what rate applies now.

This is important because we have a B2B web site which is not public and which displays the prices mainly USD. But the payment is accepted in local currency. That's why knowing the actual rate is vital for the customer.

I'd like to place the currency rate at some place so that customers could see it.

For example near the currency changer block; a customer could see what rate applies now.

This is important because we have a B2B web site which is not public and which displays the prices mainly USD. But the payment is accepted in local currency. That's why knowing the actual rate is vital for the customer.

Do you use a live currency rate or do you enter your rate in the admin?

Alan

For now, I enter the rate manually each day. But I have plan to do it automatically.

For now, I enter the rate manually each day. But I have plan to do it automatically.

The simple way to do this would be to go in and insert a HTML Block in the detault layout beside the currency switcher and use CSS to position and format. you could then go in and edit this everyday as required.

Alan

Pay attention to some add-ons on Market.

1. Live exchange rates

2. Live currency exchange rates

3. Currency IP

The last one is made by our developer. Currency IP allows to show prices in local currency on storefront automatically due to visitor's IP. Of course, we can change this modification according to your demands, contact us.

Best regards,

Alt-team.

Thanks for your kindness. Just these are not what I'm looking for. Actually I'm not looking for updating exchange rates automatically right now. What I want is just simply show the user current rate at some place on the web site.

For example near the currency changer block, there could be something like; "$1 = 0.98 €". Plain and simple.

Thanks for your kindness. Just these are not what I'm looking for. Actually I'm not looking for fupdating exchange rates automatically right now. What I want is just simply show the user current rate at some place on the web site.

For example near the currency changer block, there could be something like; "$1 = 0.98 €". Plain and simple.

As above

The simple way to do this would be to go in and insert a HTML Block in the detault layout beside the currency switcher and use CSS to position and format. you could then go in and edit this everyday as required.

Alan

You can use HTML block with SMARTY support and default $currencies array. It contains rates data for each currency. E.g.

{$currencies.EUR.coefficient}

Thanks eComLabs; that's actually what I was looking for; especially the variable structure. Is there a function/variable reference for CS Cart for developers?

Thanks eComlLabs; that's actually what I was looking for; especially the variable structure. Is there a function/variable reference for CS Cart for developers?

Unfortunately, no. But you can print content of the array with the following code

{$currencies|fn_print_r}