Inventory Only Csv Upload

Lets say I drop ship products 2000 products on my multi vendor site. They upload there inventory every 30 minutes. What is the easiest way to upload just the inventory to cs cart. I can get an inventory only download from the company i use. Just trying to figure out the easiest way to do this...

Would it be to literally upload just the product code and quantity? Is this possible without product id's ect. And where would i do the upload, products?

Any input would be much appreciated guys and gals.

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Be best to automate and build an add-on to do the work. But if you want to do it manually you can certainly import via product code and quantity. Issue is going to be non existent products which would then be created with no descriptions, etc. With an add-on, you could just use an update query.

The minimum set of fields to import products in Multi-Vendor:

- Product code

- Language

- Vendor

So you if you receive feed from company with the following fields:

- Product code

- Quanitity

you can open it in Excel, add 2 additional columns, rename existent ones according to the CS-Cart requirements and import this file on the Administration -> Import data -> Products page

I got it to work but like you said it creates a new product for ones that don't exist, which is obviously an issue.

I also need to be able to do this for product options as well, which i havent narrowed down yet.

I got it to work but like you said it creates a new product for ones that don't exist, which is obviously an issue.

I am afraid, this is default behaviour. Just sort products by name and delete products with empty name after the import is completed. If it does not suit you, it will be required to rework the import feature

I also need to be able to do this for product options as well, which i havent narrowed down yet.

You can import separate inventory for product option combinations. Import format can be found on the Administration -> Import data -> Product combinations page.

Alright Thank you. Ecomlabs your seo friendly images is amazing as well.

Alright Thank you. Ecomlabs your seo friendly images is amazing as well.

Thank you.