How To Make Such Notifications?

etsy has these nice looking notifications that you can close.. How to make them on cs-cart?

Surely it would be good if they would not re appear of page refresh..

6.jpg

I use this, is good

http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/customer-experience/cs-cart-power-pop-up-notification-add-on.html?sl=en

Such are very annoying…

Darius,

Please explain more of what you want.

Whether a notification goes away in X seconds, stays till closed or until reload, or stays after reload (or redirect) are set by the supplier of the notification (it's a parameter to the fn_set_notification() function.

Be nice if there was a hook in fn_set_notification() to enable someone to review/change the "message_state" which determines how long a message is displayed. But there is not. I'll request that one be added.

I had a better example (was built entirely via css) but cant find it right now

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_alert.asp

say you fit such alert above content in front end category. If customer would close it, but uppon next step pagination (next page in category open) this would re appear this would be no good.

Darius,

Please explain more of what you want.

Whether a notification goes away in X seconds, stays till closed or until reload, or stays after reload (or redirect) are set by the supplier of the notification (it's a parameter to the fn_set_notification() function.

Be nice if there was a hook in fn_set_notification() to enable someone to review/change the "message_state" which determines how long a message is displayed. But there is not. I'll request that one be added.

Such are very annoying..

Either you are very abrupt, or I am reading your post wrong. Ill not bother in future if the former is correct.

As Tony says more info would have helped

Either you are very abrupt, or I am reading your post wrong. Ill not bother in future if the former is correct.

As Tony says more info would have helped

As i understand cartpower addon makes popup notifications. I am speaking about diferent way of presentation as if notification was a simple block among other blocks in layouts but you can dismiss it close it with x.

Again, don't know what you want. Current notifications are built-in to the core code. There is an option to define the duration of the notification. But seems you are wanting something else and it's unclear how you expect the system (and addon) notifications to work with your proposed mechanism.

I have requested a hook be added to enable a site to control that duration at a global level. In a year or so if/when the hook is actually provided, we can discuss the code to change it to something you want applied throughout your site, in just the frontend or other variations.

Well I guess my explanation will not get any better :)

Made another screen shot. As you can see there are many boxes that can be dismissed or closed. I want to use similar for advertising purposes, like a promotions and deals, fit among other blocks..

dd.jpg

Well I guess my explanation will not get any better :)

Made another screen shot. As you can see there are many boxes that can be dismissed or closed. I want to use similar for advertising purposes, like a promotions and deals, fit among other blocks..

As far as I understand you would like to add advertisement blocks which only looks like notifications and can be closed by customer. Am I right?

If so, could you please clarify how they works in Etsy? Are they just HTML blocks or some other information can be placed to such "notification"? (e.g. products, pages, promotions, etc.)

Perhaps we could develop such addon, but we need more information about it.

Thank you.

As far as I understand you would like to add advertisement blocks which only looks like notifications and can be closed by customer. Am I right?

Yes exactly.

This is not a tool that I can use, it is a way of how information is passed to me so I cannot know what they can fit in to it. But if we would compare cs-cart blocks and this etsy block with close button it is really very smart that user can dismiss this block if he finds it annoying or no longer wants to see it. Personally I hate annoying advertisements like a popup windows.

From customers perspective this block with possibility to close it would be really cool, "ok I got it, go away..."

Another display way for blocks could be modals

https://www.w3schools.com/w3css/w3css_modal.asp

If all you want to do is provide a general block with a close button (X) then you can easily do this with a custom block. The block would not display if there's not html content. You'd have to arrange for the integration of the content with the external source.

etsy has these nice looking notifications that you can close.. How to make them on cs-cart?

Surely it would be good if they would not re appear of page refresh..

This is good idea for the add-on. We will think about it.

Hello!

I am glad to inform you that we have developed the Hidden Blocks add-on. It allows your customers to hide some blocks, for example, advertisement blocks.

can we create a notification where user can click ok button..? Clicking the ok button will close the popup

can we create a notification where user can click ok button..? Clicking the ok button will close the popup

Hello!

How should it look like? Block or standard CS-Cart notification?

Hello!

How should it look like? Block or standard CS-Cart notification?

standard CS-Cart notification

standard CS-Cart notification

You can use our Popup Wrapper module

https://www.ecom-labs.com/ready-to-use-add-ons/cs-cart-pop-up-wrapper-add-on.html

Use SMARTY HTML block and the following code for ok button:

OK

(!) Not tested