Profile Change And Cart Seperation

Hello guys.

I give my customers the ability to choose a profile while they are logging in.

And if they put some products in their carts and then logout, then login again with the same profile, the cart still exists. Perfect.

What I want to do, is to let my user choose profiles without any logout process and with seperate cart for each profile.

What is the road I have to follow in order to save the cart of each profile? How can I clear the cart but stick it to a profile before clearing it?

Hello guys.

And if they put some products in their carts and then logout, then login again with the same profile, the cart still exists. Perfect.

What I want to do, is to let my user choose profiles without any logout process and with seperate cart for each profile.

What is the road I have to follow in order to save the cart of each profile? How can I clear the cart but stick it to a profile before clearing it?

That's going to be a mess.

All calculations, abandoned carts etc linked to user_id.

Hello guys.

Hello! I can understand your Point because you want to keep the 2 Different Personal Profile , Its possible to make.

Hello! I can understand your Point because you want to keep the 2 Different Personal Profile , Its possible to make.

Thanks for your answer.

Can you help me clear this out?

Is there any hint on the path I have to follow in order to change the cart when another profile is chosen without deleting the other one, from the first profile my user has picked.

I'll try to clear things out and post some code too..

That's going to be a mess.

All calculations, abandoned carts etc linked to user_id.

Hmm, it will surely be a mess, a huge mess!

But how can I refresh the cart depending on what the customer is choosing?

For example, in their first login, if the user has 2 profiles, I ask him to choose one.

Let's say he/she chooses the 1st one.

He now has a beautiful clear cart ready to be filled with products.

The cart is being filled with "product A - 2 pieces" and "product B - 3 pieces".

He regrets about this order and wants to fill another one first for the other profile.. He picks the 2nd profile, and he has a clear cart. So, he fills the cart, and completes the order.

Then, he remembers the other order for the 1st profile and returns to it. I want the "product A - 2 pieces" and "product B - 3 pieces" choice to be in their cart!

How can I "reset", "clear" or "refresh" the cart with every profile choice?

Is there any function or something that I can use to save/link the cart with every profile?

Hmm, it will surely be a mess, a huge mess!

But how can I refresh the cart depending on what the customer is choosing?

For example, in their first login, if the user has 2 profiles, I ask him to choose one.

Let's say he/she chooses the 1st one.

He now has a beautiful clear cart ready to be filled with products.

The cart is being filled with "product A - 2 pieces" and "product B - 3 pieces".

He regrets about this order and wants to fill another one first for the other profile.. He picks the 2nd profile, and he has a clear cart. So, he fills the cart, and completes the order.

Then, he remembers the other order for the 1st profile and returns to it. I want the "product A - 2 pieces" and "product B - 3 pieces" choice to be in their cart!

How can I "reset", "clear" or "refresh" the cart with every profile choice?

Is there any function or something that I can use to save/link the cart with every profile?

I think you do not need separate cart for different profiles.

The idea itself that a customer can have several different carts is really strange, and I'm afraid it will do more harm than good. People just won't expect this behaviour. In other words it is complex solution of easy problem.

Why don't you use Wishlist for the case you described. In case you need to hold on some products and buy others - you just send them to wishlist for a while. This should do the trick if you make a clear user interface.

The problem is that each profile of my customers, is a seperate store, in a different location. So, I need every profile to has its own cart.

So, we have a company as a customer with 5 different stores around the country.

This company, has one person that is responsible of making orders from my eshop to all 5 different stores.

So, in order to help him, I want to give him the opportunity, without logout, to build seperate carts and orders for every store.

I don't know if I am explaining it right, but I have a really unique eshop to manage.. My company has really unique needs.