Product Details New Column

Hi

In the multi-vendor version, when the vendor adds a product listing, I want an additional field available.

The additional field needs to be multiple checkboxes, i.e.

What materials is the product made from (check all that apply).

Could someone give me a bit of direction on how to develop this functionality please ?

Additionally, whatever the vendor selects, these then would be displayed on the user (public) product page in a tab. How difficult is this?

Thanks

Hi

In the multi-vendor version, when the vendor adds a product listing, I want an additional field available.

Could someone give me a bit of direction on how to develop this functionality please ?

Additionally, whatever the vendor selects, these then would be displayed on the user (public) product page in a tab. How difficult is this?

Thanks

Hello!

You will need to add the column in cscart_products table in the database to store the data, add the field with multiple checkboxes in the template (you can look for the examples in the admin panel). Then create the tab, you can examine how the default tags add-on does this.

Hi

Thanks

Why you cannot use default product features?

Hi,
Don't understand what 'eComLabs' are stating. Is it possible to define a new field in the product listing page through Admin?

Oleg - Would I add a table directly into database? As I ant the field to be available on the product page for vendor to set, which page requires editing to allow saving to database?
I don't want to edit any core files.

Thanks

Why you cannot use default product features?

Hi there

Where can I find 'default product features' ?

Thanks

Hi there

Where can I find 'default product features' ?

Thanks

Please refer to the following section of our documentation:

http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.5.x/user_guide/manage_products/features/index.html