• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which Is Better? Linux Web Hosting Or Windows Web Hosting? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• RenaeFab
  • Trial users
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:19 PM #1

Linux web hosting or windows web hosting? I want know some pros and cons of Linux and windows web hosting.

• martfox
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:45 PM #2

Linux

http://docs.cs-cart....quirements.html

CS-Cart with 1 Year FREE Web Hosting | CS-Cart optimized SSD Cloud VPS Servers from €10.00/month
VPS SSD Cloud from €10.00 *** Dedicated Servers *** CS-Cart Authorized Reseller and Web Hosting Provider

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10,053 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:13 PM #3

Windoz is not officially supported for cs-cart.  Strongly suggest using Linux.  Way too much overhead in most Windoz server environments.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• poppedweb
  • Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:41 AM #4

Windoz is not officially supported for cs-cart.  Strongly suggest using Linux.  Way too much overhead in most Windoz server environments.

Please choose a linux distro as I previously had a Windows server as well which caused caching problems and such. Furthermore I'd also like to point out that linux is more stable and is more secure. The only downside I could think of is that you do not have a UI as good as windows has, but that shouldn't be a big difference if we take a look at the performance gain you get from using linux.

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:44 PM #5

For developmet we have some windows servers,but for production/live or demo site is highly recommended linux over windows.

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:14 PM #6

Please choose a linux distro as I previously had a Windows server as well which caused caching problems and such. Furthermore I'd also like to point out that linux is more stable and is more secure. The only downside I could think of is that you do not have a UI as good as windows has, but that shouldn't be a big difference if we take a look at the performance gain you get from using linux.

You could opt for a control panel or admin helper as tbirnseth (ez-ms) calls them. I have overall decent to excellent experience with a variety of them but currently happy with WHM Cpanel on a CentOS 7 virtual box.

But you are not a real great fan of them if I am not mistaken or least a few contributors on this community forum are not.

It is Windows with an S Tony... are you typing on a Qwertz or Azerty keyboard ? :mrgreen:

two V4.6.2 and one  V4.2.4 - hedonist working on Sundays

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:17 PM #7

Linux web hosting or windows web hosting? I want know some pros and cons of Linux and windows web hosting.

I have a spare VPS on my dedicated machine if you are interested.

10 Gig of dedicated memory, 2Gig of bandwidth, 30 GB and or 60 GB harddrive space for either a non control panel VPS or one with Cpanel / WHM all to yourserself with SSD drives and hosted in the neutral Switzerland.

two V4.6.2 and one  V4.2.4 - hedonist working on Sundays