Add Names And Other Variables To Emails

When a customer gets an email, is there a way to add variables to that email template such as their name or even product names,

/////////////////////////

Dear {{customer-name}},

Thank you for your recent [[product-name]] order.

I've been noticing that of email providers will filter our content they think is spam but if you can put their actual name in the email or unique content, sometimes that will help! I know other carts set variables like names, titles that can be called upon but can Cs-Cart do this? I thought at one point it could but I don't see options when editing my template.

When a customer gets an email, is there a way to add variables to that email template such as their name or even product names,

Dear {{customer-name}},

Thank you for your recent [[product-name]] order.

I've been noticing that of email providers will filter our content they think is spam but if you can put their actual name in the email or unique content, sometimes that will help! I know other carts set variables like names, titles that can be called upon but can Cs-Cart do this? I thought at one point it could but I don't see options when editing my template.

Yes this can be done, How you would do it depends on which version of cs cart you are using.

Alan

Running CS-Cart 4.3.4

Figured i could just edit the order statuses > email header

Just not sure what code calls these variables?

Take a look at the mail/common/* templates. You’ll find a salutation in there. It’s going to be dependent on what context the mail is in. I.e. $order_info or $user_data.

Hello, please. Can you please help me with the correct placeholder for a customers First Name in Newsletter templates. I currently only have these available to me and none of them can help me out:

%UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK: Unsubscribe link %SUBSCRIBER_EMAIL: Subscriber email %COMPANY_NAME: Company name %COMPANY_ADDRESS: Company address %COMPANY_PHONE: Company phone