• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Flood Of Spam/fake Registrations - Should We Be Concerened? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:11 PM #41

Google Recaptcha doesn't help much against tools like XRumer. here is how they spam you with XRumer:

As you see recaptcha is broken.

A normal antispam solution is required. i.e.
- check for the main honeypot services like projecthoneypot, botscout, stopforumspam, etc.
- bot protection like badbehaviour, dedos, etc.
- block TOR, proxies.
- blacklist email addresses and domains.
- blacklist IPs and ranges.

The first two solution work optimal if its widely available and cs-cart owners can feedback spammers to blacklists.
Therefore it needs to be a publicly available addon.

To me its baffling that there are no anti-spam addons for cs-cart.

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:50 AM #42

Felt a bit sick watching the video...

Hopefully CSC, Simtec or other addon dve will step up to the mark with something to fix this spam issue.

ATM Ive had to block whole countries from being able to access our servers, including some Russian IPA's .

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:58 AM #43

Exactly - hopefully CS Cart wil soon release a solution with the next upgrade.

Good luck CS Cart team!

Version 4.6.2

• Mtech
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:47 AM #44

We are experiencing this issue with the spam as well.

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:35 AM #45

As far as we see, you are still using old captcha. You should upgrade to version 4.4.2 where reCaptcha was added or use a third-party add-on with the same functionality in your current version.

We are experiencing this issue with the spam as well.

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation

• mazter
  • Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:18 PM #46

I have the latest and greatest ReCaptcha setup (using 4.6.2) and still get spam messages all through out the website. The latest one made the list is the following. I opened another thread before and explained how I am tackling with spam. I blocked IP subnets who are the reason for these spam messages and it got this situation under control. It reduced it from 10-15 spam comments every day to one spam per month or so.

Message: This message is posted here using XRumer + XEvil 4.0 XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection. Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types! You read this - it means it works! ;) Details on the official website of XEvil.Net, there is a free demo version

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:36 AM #47

Well we all saw that coming!
I can only repeat ... CSC needs a far more sophisticated anti-spam mechanism than just reCapture.

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:37 AM #48

I 100% agree.

Version 4.6.2

• imac
  • CTO
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:30 AM #49

I have the latest and greatest ReCaptcha setup (using 4.6.2) and still get spam messages all through out the website. The latest one made the list is the following. I opened another thread before and explained how I am tackling with spam. I blocked IP subnets who are the reason for these spam messages and it got this situation under control. It reduced it from 10-15 spam comments every day to one spam per month or so.

Message: This message is posted here using XRumer + XEvil 4.0 XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection. Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types! You read this - it means it works! ;) Details on the official website of XEvil.Net, there is a free demo version

Can you please create a ticket in HD and provide us with 

- access to your website

- example of the spam emails you got, including the page they were posted from.

If you already described this problem somewhere on the forum, please provide a link.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug