Problem With Hreflangs - Googlebot Finds Multiple Links And Some Return 404 Error

Hi, I have a problem with hreflangs - I use only one language in the store and I blocked the English but googlebot finds links with suffix like "?sl=pl" - (those work properly) and "?sl=en" (those return 404 error).

Below are messages from google search analytics:

We found technical problems with some hreflang tags on your site. Browse our report and see which tags hreflang contain errors. If you do not fix these errors tags, targeting additional languages or regions will not work on your site.

International Targeting | Language> "en" - no return tags

URLs on your site and alternate versions of language code "en" that indicate the return tags.

Is it possible to fix this or completely remove hreflang suffixes like "?sl=pl" and "?sl=en" as I want to use only one language?

There were issues with the hreflang reported in bug tracker but if you do not use English, then remove it. If you only have 1 language then hreflang will not be used.

There were issues with the hreflang reported in bug tracker but if you do not use English, then remove it. If you only have 1 language then hreflang will not be used.

But googlebot will still try to reach previously found links with hreflangs. I tried to set 301 redirection in htaccess that would remove the hreflang but with no success.

The canonical URLs are to solve similar cases. More info