Php 5.6 To Php 7.0 Will This Affect Script?

Just had CS-Cart Version 4.3.9 installed and my current php is 5.6

Will changing to php 7.0 break anything ?

I thought I was going to avoid having to ask such a dumb

question but I am still shell shocked after a long hard and pointless

effort to install 4.3.9 I used my available support credits and

it was done in a snap.

Hi there,

After cs-cart version 4.3.6 you can use cs-cart in php-7.0.

There will be no issue related to using cs-cart v-4.3.9 in php-7.0.

If any issue arises then please share here, many people are here to help you..

All the best :mrgreen:

Officially supported

http://blog.cs-cart.com/2016/03/02/cs-cart-and-multi-vendor-4-3-6-are-here/

Thank you eComLabs. Will try later today after I have tested the current site on GT Metrix.

Won't do that again soon. Changed my version of php to 7

and the site wouldn't load at all. Even GT Metrix reported an error retrieving the site.

Maybe it takes more than a few moments to take affect but I doubt it

because when I switched back to php 5.6 the site loaded.

On my directadmin panel very easy to jump in between php versions, used 437 with php7 for rather long time with no issues.

Changed my version of php to 7 and the site wouldn't load at all.

CS-Cart 4.3.9 is officially support PHP 7.0. However, it also depends on 3rd party add-ond and how they prepared for usage with PHP 7.0. Did you check compatibility of your extensions?

All know is that I changed from php 5.6 to php 7 via cPanel and my CS-Cart wouldn't load.

No 3rd party add ons ( all CS-Cart supplied during install ).

Not sure what you meant by "Did you check compatibility of your extensions?"

All know is that I changed from php 5.6 to php 7 via cPanel and my CS-Cart wouldn't load.

No 3rd party add ons ( all CS-Cart supplied during install ).

Not sure what you meant by "Did you check compatibility of your extensions?"

OK, thanks. Could you provide an error log?

The following probably has nothing to do with the php stumble but it's is repeated the most.
[02-Dec-2016 16:44:24 Australia/Sydney] PHP Notice: Undefined index: category_ids in /home/jameshou/public_html/app/functions/fn.catalog.php on line 6932

Below was the last error recorded before some 'Stack Trace' records started....
[02-Dec-2016 06:05:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'mysqli' not found in /home/jameshou/public_html/app/Tygh/Backend/Database/Mysqli.php:40

Below was the last error recorded before some 'Stack Trace' records started....
[02-Dec-2016 06:05:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'mysqli' not found in /home/jameshou/public_html/app/Tygh/Backend/Database/Mysqli.php:40

Most likely this one because mysqli was not installed with the PHP7 version.

Sounds like a possible culprit but this would most likely require a re-install from scratch.

.When I moved from 5.6 I took a few steps, cleared out cache, set cache to database and gave the server tech who did it a list of things that needed to be installed in the new php7 configuration so that cs-cart would run. First had to update easyapache before php7. It stumbled a bit at first because he didn't get everything in php setup correctly, but eventually it worked and then I was able to switch cache to apcu and things have been fine. A weird issue where googlepage speed was reporting gzip not compressing html, even though nothing changed in the htaccess file, but that was fixed by adding rules to the pre_main_global.conf file.

Thanks dotell. It's not something I am capable of implementing but your advice will be useful

to others more codewise.