Upgrdae To Bootstrap 4

Hi Team,

Any plans for upgrading to Bootstrap 4

http://www.contriverz.com/blog/bootstrap-4-listing-new-features/?utm_source=FB_16_11&utm_medium=GP&utm_content=Blog_16_11

+1000

+1000000

They're too busy trying to sell modules no one needs :)

They're too busy trying to sell modules no one needs :)

We're busy while making this
and this

BTW, we only have two paid modules: http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/index.php?dispatch=products.search&company_id=110&search_performed=Y

Searchanise is being developed by a separate team.

Hi Team,

Any plans for upgrading to Bootstrap 4

http://www.contriverz.com/blog/bootstrap-4-listing-new-features/?utm_source=FB_16_11&utm_medium=GP&utm_content=Blog_16_11

This will probably be done at our Boilerplate theme when Bootstrap 4 goes out of alpha.
We're busy while making this
and this

Oh Boy!!! So now we'll have 2 template engines and all the Smarty development will be put on a back-burner and all addons using smarty will have to be re-developed at some point....

Twig template engine integration (in addition to Smarty): more secure, modern and with bigger community

The differences are small (functionally) and offer very little "customer value". Not sure what's insecure about Smarty (like Twig, it's just a pre-processor) and who cares how big the community is (other than having more college students more familiar with Twig than Smarty when they come out of school)? Saw this coming with the new email editor stuff.

The MVE changes for 4.5 are long overdue.

Need to look at customer needs, not what it takes to keep your developers happy. But I've sung this song many times before here...

Just curious.... Where in User-voice or this forum (the voice of your community) did you find the demand for switching from Smarty to Twig?

I'll get off my soapbox now, but really. Why don't you just make the changes your customers ask for rather than continually restructuring the internals that your customers never see but cause great pains for your development partners?

Oh Boy!!! So now we'll have 2 template engines and all the Smarty development will be put on a back-burner and all addons using smarty will have to be re-developed at some point....

Yep.

The differences are small (functionally) and offer very little "customer value". Not sure what's insecure about Smarty (like Twig, it's just a pre-processor) and who cares how big the community is (other than having more college students more familiar with Twig than Smarty when they come out of school)? Saw this coming with the new email editor stuff.

The MVE changes for 4.5 are long overdue.

Need to look at customer needs, not what it takes to keep your developers happy. But I've sung this song many times before here...

Just curious.... Where in User-voice or this forum (the voice of your community) did you find the demand for switching from Smarty to Twig?

I'll get off my soapbox now, but really. Why don't you just make the changes your customers ask for rather than continually restructuring the internals that your customers never see but cause great pains for your development partners?

It seems that you have only seen what you've wanted to. First of all, Twig will be the second templating engine supported. This means it can be used in your themes. Also, this feature is not high-prioritised and will only appear when we implement other important stuff, aiming for customer needs.

Please compare recent changelog records and the roadmap with the uservoice. I bet you'll be surprised.

* E-mail templates

* Revamped product options with product variations, etc.

* Constant improving of MVE

Yes, this keeps our developers happy. Happy to serve customer needs.

CS-Cart won't get it, they only want to implement new things, they don't want to OPTIMISE their own CMS first. CS-Cart should just finish what they are doing and they should make sure that CS-Cart becomes more lightweight instead of it being very slow on big stores.

Furthermore, there shouldn't be any addons that speed up CS-Cart as this is obviously CS-Cart's job. And having the excuse, "we have a full page cache addon" doesnt work that well. BECAUSE GIVING A FULL PAGE CACHE ADDON THAT ISNT BEING UPDATED ISNT VERY USEFUL EITHER.

I can only see "lightweight", "very slow" and "big stores" subjectivisms.

If you have a real performance problems - please, contact us via helpdesk and we'd be glad to investigate your problems and provide you possible solving scenarios.

But in case you're getting 1 second TTFB on a $10 hosting plan - try to move your big store to the lightweight Magento, which will not be very slow (just about 10 seconds TTFB).

It seems that you have only seen what you've wanted to. First of all, Twig will be the second templating engine supported. This means it can be used in your themes. Also, this feature is not high-prioritised and will only appear when we implement other important stuff, aiming for customer needs.

Please compare recent changelog records and the roadmap with the uservoice. I bet you'll be surprised.

* E-mail templates

* Revamped product options with product variations, etc.

* Constant improving of MVE

Yes, this keeps our developers happy. Happy to serve customer needs.

I can only see "lightweight", "very slow" and "big stores" subjectivisms.

If you have a real performance problems - please, contact us via helpdesk and we'd be glad to investigate your problems and provide you possible solving scenarios.

But in case you're getting 1 second TTFB on a $10 hosting plan - try to move your big store to the lightweight Magento, which will not be very slow (just about 10 seconds TTFB).

Well, they do provide full page caching for their latest versions (and many other things aswell). Which basically narrows things down to about 160ms on TTFB.

This topic for Bootstrap4 change to different discussions, i can't see any plan here to use in cs-cartv4.6 or v5

i know still alfa but will release soon, and i understand if not goon to use bootstrap3 and waiting for v4 but we don't see any intention.

Do you intentionally ignore it to save your Twigmo addons?

Ahmed