Calculate/pay Order After It Has Been Placed.

Hi everyone

We have a client who sells meat products which are sold by weight. The weight of different steaks can vary as the butcher cuts slightly different sizes.

They would like to charge the customer for the exact weight of the steak they are to receive however they don't know the exact weight until the steak is selected prior to dispatch.

Is there a way to hold the customers payment details when the order is placed, update the order total once the weight of the steak is known, then charge the customer when the order status is changed?

Here's and example of how this would ideally work.

A customer orders 1 Steak of at £30 per kg: £15 in total.

They know the actual weight can be 500g+/-10% and that they'll be charged for the exact weight.

They accept, input their credit card details and confirm their order.

The order is saved as Open, no payment is taken at this point.

The admin is notified and selects a 550g steak

The admin updates the product price in the order to include the additional weight. £16.50 in total.

The admin changes the status to "Processed", At this point the payment is taken using the customers stored CC details.

the customer is notified and goods are dispatched.

Could someone please tell me if a system as described above is possible using CS carts defaults?

Would some additional programming be required?

thanks

Hi everyone

We have a client who sells meat products which are sold by weight. The weight of different steaks can vary as the butcher cuts slightly different sizes.

They would like to charge the customer for the exact weight of the steak they are to receive however they don't know the exact weight until the steak is selected prior to dispatch.

Is there a way to hold the customers payment details when the order is placed, update the order total once the weight of the steak is known, then charge the customer when the order status is changed?

Here's and example of how this would ideally work.

A customer orders 1 Steak of at £30 per kg: £15 in total.

They know the actual weight can be 500g+/-10% and that they'll be charged for the exact weight.

They accept, input their credit card details and confirm their order.

The order is saved as Open, no payment is taken at this point.

The admin is notified and selects a 550g steak

The admin updates the product price in the order to include the additional weight. £16.50 in total.

The admin changes the status to "Processed", At this point the payment is taken using the customers stored CC details.

the customer is notified and goods are dispatched.

Could someone please tell me if a system as described above is possible using CS carts defaults?

Would some additional programming be required?

thanks

Additional code modification is required here. We can help you. Please contact us at sales@simtechdev.com

Our team is also at your service

Our Square payment method will allow you to make extra changes to an order AFTER it is placed. Same with Void, Refund, etc.

https://ez-ms.com/squarepay.html

This is an OLD post, but still very relevant to any Butcher Shop that wants to sell online for pickup or delivery and the description is spot on.

I am curious if this is still a custom modification or if a ADD-ON has been developed.

I will soon be in development of a new CS-CART project with the latest CS-CART version. We will be using a Credit Card Processor that we have used in other CS-CART installations (not Square or Paypal) and I will need to implement this exact workflow.

It all depends on the payment processor in use. Our Squarepay addon allows you to add to or deduct from an existing order if the card token was saved. You can also Void, Refund (full or partial) or New Charge directly from the admin order details page. Brief docs are here (sorry, no screen shots): http://ez-ms.com/docs/squarepay.pdf

Our Square payment method will allow you to make extra changes to an order AFTER it is placed. Same with Void, Refund, etc.

https://ez-ms.com/squarepay.html

Can we hold payment and release it when item has delivered and the customer verify it or from the backend?

And can the buyer checkout out several items from different vendors at once just like other sites?

Yes of course. You can "CHARGE" or "AUTH ONLY" upon order submission as an addon setting. However, the "additional charge" functionality only supports CHARGE. Most clients use this when shipping or other order variables are undetermined at time of order.The CHARGE of an AUTH ONLY order is a manual (button click) operation. It is not setup to trigger a CHARGE on order status change. But we could certainly extend it to do so.

This payment method works upon the original (parent) order. So the answer to your question is yes. So the AUTH or CHARGE amount is based on the parent order total. Cs-cart then splits this up by vendor when it splits the orders. But do note that if you use AUTH ONLY , the full order amount will be authorized. However, you can only CHARGE once against a Square transaction_id (limitation of Square). Hence if you are going to CHARGE against an AUTH for vendor1, when you go to do vendor2, you will have to CHARGE again for that amount. Hence for MVE environments, it's not really recommended to use AUTH ONLY because it requires much more management. It is best to CHARGE and then if there's an issue you can do a partial REFUND.

Cool, can i see a kind of demo? thanks and i don't know if i made my self clear enough, i want the customer to be the one to release the funds from the frontend but admin can still release it too

Sorry, no demo and having the customer manage payment is not supported.

Cool, can i see a kind of demo? thanks and i don't know if i made my self clear enough, i want the customer to be the one to release the funds from the frontend but admin can still release it too