Need Some Advice On Seo And Cs Cart Languages

Before getting Cs Cart, I have a joomla site domain.es which ranks pretty well. But now with Cs Cart I want to make my site in English also.

I know that if I use "Show language in the URL", then all my URLs will change to domain.es/es/ for the default langugage. I will have to do 301 redirects and this will affect my ranking.

My other option is to just use "Use single URL for all languages" so that nothings changes right?

But then I don't get the benefit of having a domain for my english site domain.es/en/

So I am a little confused of what to do. Wondering if anybody else found a solution.

Or maybe create a mirrror site in English with a co.uk domain. I don't know. Any suggestions. Thanks.

A 301 won't affect your ranking. A 301 is a "permanent redirect". A 302 is a "temporary redirect" and can affect your rankings.

You need to consider the user experience when using the "single url for all languages" since someone is not going to be able to read it.

I'm not certain on the internal redirects whether an "seo rule" change will generate a redirect (I think it does). Hence if you simply change the rule to "show language in url" then all your previous URL's should be 301 redirected.

We can

Before getting Cs Cart, I have a joomla site domain.es which ranks pretty well. But now with Cs Cart I want to make my site in English also.

I know that if I use "Show language in the URL", then all my URLs will change to domain.es/es/ for the default langugage. I will have to do 301 redirects and this will affect my ranking.

My other option is to just use "Use single URL for all languages" so that nothings changes right?

But then I don't get the benefit of having a domain for my english site domain.es/en/

So I am a little confused of what to do. Wondering if anybody else found a solution.

Or maybe create a mirrror site in English with a co.uk domain. I don't know. Any suggestions. Thanks.

We can help you with this problem, write on info@alexbranding.com