Paypal Partial Refund

Is this default functionality that giving partial refund for payment makes whole order to be canceled?

It doesn't just cancel the order, it gives a full refund too!
Reported to Bug Tracker, CS-Cart states it is fixed in 4.3.9:

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-6377-returns-automatically-issue-a-refund-with-paypal-pro/

I am not speaking about RMA, I mean partial refund in paypal account

It doesn't just cancel the order, it gives a full refund too!
Reported to Bug Tracker, CS-Cart states it is fixed in 4.3.9:

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-6377-returns-automatically-issue-a-refund-with-paypal-pro/

I had to change the mapping for the "PayPal payments" addon. I had to change the PayPal transaction status for "Refunded:" from Cancelled to Completed (or whatever you call your status that has shipped and is done).

This change worked for me, because 99% of the time I'm giving refunds for returns and the order is Completed, so the it's as though there is no change.

The problem is:

PayPal doesn't have a transaction status for a Partial Refund, so even a partial refund returns the transaction status of "Refunded".

It's awesome that the cart is updated by PayPal though.

I had to change the mapping for the "PayPal payments" addon. I had to change the PayPal transaction status for "Refunded:" from Cancelled to Completed (or whatever you call your status that has shipped and is done).

This change worked for me, because 99% of the time I'm giving refunds for returns and the order is Completed, so the it's as though there is no change.

The problem is:

PayPal doesn't have a transaction status for a Partial Refund, so even a partial refund returns the transaction status of "Refunded".

It's awesome that the cart is updated by PayPal though.

Thanks for the helpful tip. I like that it updates the status, but for partial refunds, changing to "Canceled" is not ideal. So, I'll just do that manually going forward.

I noticed that when we give a partial refund through paypal, paypal cancels the entire order.

I know I can change these actions in the paypal add-on settings, but I think there should be something like a: no change to order status settings.

Because:

1. When we just do a partial refund after the order has been completed, the status should stay on completed.

2. When the order was on processed still and we only remove part of the order and refund part of the order, the order should stay on processed.

Or am I missing the obvious?

You're right Flow. It has not been very well thought out.

I had an order shipped, updated to a completed status and then had to issue a full refund because of credit card fraud.

PayPal updated the status of the order to Cancelled - which put all the items back into inventory - which caused a problem with inventory. One of those items was one-of-a-kind and was again sold on a subsequent order. I then had to apologize to the customer and refund that order too.

It's moronic to update the order when ANY amount is refunded - I don't care if it's a full amount, or $1 for over-charged shipping charges. It should NOT impact the order in CS-Cart. Let the admin do that if he chooses to or not.

You can control all of that in the PayPal addon settings.

[attachment=13155:paypal_settings.jpg]

paypal_settings.jpg

You can control all of that in the PayPal addon settings.

attachicon.gif paypal_settings.jpg

Hmm I have that setup correctly. Still it cancelled an order that was partially refunded.

Now that I am typingthis, I had this before, saves settings again, that fixed it but now it's back. It seems like the settings reset Occasionaly or something.

I haven't had any partial refunds so I don't know if it works properly. Might be a bug?

I haven't had any partial refunds so I don't know if it works properly. Might be a bug?

After saving the settings again, I didn't have this problem anymore. 3rd time this happened though... so it seems to reset at some point. I'll keep an eye on it.

This issue came back again, resaving paypal add-on setting (which still looked OK) fixed it. It seems to come back every now & then.