Exchange Rate, Currency + Invoice

I think that placed order totals should not be affected by currency update? If you update exchange rate total for order do not match total paid, I think that is not normal..

I think that placed order totals should not be affected by currency update? If you update exchange rate total for order do not match total paid, I think that is not normal..

Do you use PayPal to accept payments in alternative currency?

Right now we only save total of an order in base currency. And when you view order the alternative currency total displayed using current rates.

So what you wrote is right, it how the currencies were designed in CS-Cart.

Imagine you are from USA me from Europe with base currency EUR. After you place order I change currency exchange rate as it does change a lot. You decide to print invoice but it does not match total paid, how can you use such invoice in accounting?

Do you use PayPal to accept payments in alternative currency?

Right now we only save total of an order in base currency. And when you view order the alternative currency total displayed using current rates.

So what you wrote is right, it how the currencies were designed in CS-Cart.

Imagine you are from USA me from Europe with base currency EUR. After you place order I change currency exchange rate as it does change a lot. You decide to print invoice but it does not match total paid, how can you use such invoice in accounting?

Initially payment should be done in EUR, because additional currency is used only for information. We do not use it in calculation.

As soon as we get to multi-currency calculations we will improve this.

Your demo site is setup in $ pay also in $

for example

http://demo.cs-cart.com/index.php?dispatch=orders.details&order_id=97

but I am from EU or GB who will stop me to print invoice in GBP or EUR? Who will stop you in updating currency ? It is a great chance that for customer invoice will not match payment..

The total amount for passed orders should not change by all means!

And also the PayPal addon doesn't allow customers to pay in alternative currencies. You have to buy 3rd party addons to implement this. It's a feature requested by many people for years!

The total amount for passed orders should not change by all means!

Unless you edit order..

And also the PayPal addon doesn't allow customers to pay in alternative currencies. You have to buy 3rd party addons to implement this. It's a feature requested by many people for years!

Not only enable but possibility to mark preferred currency and make it available to pay in paypal..

If speaking about payment methods, another improvement in payment method should be "User groups:" cannot understand the purpose of it.

For example wholesale used group is allowed to use one payment method it by default also belowngs to registered and guest group even if it is not checked...