How Can Cs-Cart Show The Invoice As Paid Ie. $0 Amount After Paid.

The invoice still show an amount after it has been paid for. Normally in accounting after the invoice is paid we send a paid invoice copy to the customer but we have not been able to do this when a customer orders online with CS-Cart.

It sounds like you are wanting something like "Balance due: $0.00".?

In my case, the customer info and invoice is imported along with the payment information. Then accounting must apply the payment to the invoice. This updates the invoice in the accounting software to PAID. (CS-Cart orders that are in Open status will, correctly, not have payment information.)

Then accounting updates the payments received to show they were deposits into the merchant account. From there, you then transfer funds out of the merchant account or whatever you do at that point.

An invoice or a credit memo will always show the amount of the transaction.

A "statement" will show invoice amounts, payments received, credit memos, and the balance.

You can just edit the invoice template to show "PAID amount owing = $0" to the bottom

In my case, the customer info and invoice is imported along with the payment information. Then accounting must apply the payment to the invoice. This updates the invoice in the accounting software to PAID. (CS-Cart orders that are in Open status will, correctly, not have payment information.)

Then accounting updates the payments received to show they were deposits into the merchant account. From there, you then transfer funds out of the merchant account or whatever you do at that point.

An invoice or a credit memo will always show the amount of the transaction.

A "statement" will show invoice amounts, payments received, credit memos, and the balance.

Yes we are doing this now. I just wanted cs-cart to also show and invoice as paid.

Why don't you just rename Order Status "Processed" to "Paid"?

It's printed on every invoice. Then you could just format it so it's big and bold if you like.

In the real world, a customer places an order for 3 items and provides their credit card at checkout.

The card is AUTHORIZED for the full amount of the order at time of purchase and the order would go through to the OPEN status (current Anet goes to Processed).

As the items are shipped (note that some may delay or be shipped from a supplier or fulfillment house or be back-ordered) then the status should be updated and a "Remaining Balance" should also be updated. If NOT all items are shipped, the order status should be something like "Partial Ship".

Once all the items have been shipped and the card has been charged for the full amount (usually incurring more transaction fees if not "captured" all at once) then the "Remaining Balance" would be $0.00 and the order status would change to Complete.

In recent versions of cs-cart there is a new table called order_transactions. However, I've not seen where it's actually used since on my site (that uses AUTH_ONLY) there is no data. Hence it appears that the basic mechanism is there. I'm guessing it's there from some custom work that was done but is not used in the standard cs-cart as far as I can see (V4.3.6).

In the real world, a customer places an order for 3 items and provides their credit card at checkout.

The card is AUTHORIZED for the full amount of the order at time of purchase and the order would go through to the OPEN status (current Anet goes to Processed).

As the items are shipped (note that some may delay or be shipped from a supplier or fulfillment house or be back-ordered) then the status should be updated and a "Remaining Balance" should also be updated. If NOT all items are shipped, the order status should be something like "Partial Ship".

Once all the items have been shipped and the card has been charged for the full amount (usually incurring more transaction fees if not "captured" all at once) then the "Remaining Balance" would be $0.00 and the order status would change to Complete.

In recent versions of cs-cart there is a new table called order_transactions. However, I've not seen where it's actually used since on my site (that uses AUTH_ONLY) there is no data. Hence it appears that the basic mechanism is there. I'm guessing it's there from some custom work that was done but is not used in the standard cs-cart as far as I can see (V4.3.6).

Let me know what code and where to insert . or if there is an addon to what this thread is talking about..thnx chris

It’s a business process issue that would more than likely require core code changes. Cs-cart doesn’t sell physical goods hence they don’t really understand inventory management and accounts receivables/payables.