Someone Using My Email For Scam

Recently I have had customers telling me that when they tried to get onto my site, they found the work "spam" on their screen.

I tried to go onto the Microsoft Bing site and when I signed in there was a message that someones had been using that email address to send out spam.

Actually I recently found testimonials on my admin page that appear to be conversations not related to my business. Some of them were in a foreign language.

I can;t figure out how to find where the problem is

Has anyone had this happen. Any suggestions how to correct this.

Thank you.

Who is your web host?

I am using siteground ISP and email is Hoard. I changed my passwords with comcast and hoard.

Why don’t you use twostep verification to increase security?

I am using siteground ISP and email is Hoard. I changed my passwords with comcast and hoard.

Hi

When we first bought our CSCart we took the advise "recommended" by CS and installed it on Siteground.

We had several issues with them (though the customer service was good) and even had our site hijacked, cp and everything.

This was because of another application on the same server that was hacked allowing a "backdoor" to our site etc.

So I would say most likely your issues are going to be similar and you have no control over what else is on the server.

We moved to Clook and have been with them ever since and had no issues!

Just my thoughts

Barry

Recently I have had customers telling me that when they tried to get onto my site, they found the work "spam" on their screen.

I tried to go onto the Microsoft Bing site and when I signed in there was a message that someones had been using that email address to send out spam.

Actually I recently found testimonials on my admin page that appear to be conversations not related to my business. Some of them were in a foreign language.

I can;t figure out how to find where the problem is

Has anyone had this happen. Any suggestions how to correct this.

Thank you.

It is quite simple for anyone to use your email address as the return address or sender address to spam, This has got nothing to do with your site or hosting. I have come across a lot of businesses that are using open smtp servers to relay there outgoing emails.

To help prevent the illusion of your domain sending spam always use authenticated smtp or a service like https://www.smtp2go.com/

All of the spam prevention services will then know that your domain is sending from a recognized source and will be less likely to penalize when someone does use your email addresses to send spam.

Alan