Theme Editor Not Working In 4.3.5

Hi there,

The theme editor is not working for me in 4.3.5 - it was working fine in 4.2.4. The only other thing I have changed is upgraded the version of VIVAShop theme. What appears to happen is that after changing a parameter for the theme no CSS is loading to reflect the changed parameter. The store loads but with basically no CSS in place and upon reloading the setting I changed in the theme editor is not saved.

As far as I can tell, it appears to be a discrepancy between the CSS file that theme_editor.php (controller theme_editor, mode 'get_css') is looking for and the actual CSS file that exists.

The file that theme_editor.php is looking for (line 136) is:

var/cache/misc/3/theme_editor/standalone.6d4e2955ed710bfa0feae6d117ebeb091453834290.css

And the file that exists that I can see is:

var/cache/misc/assets/design/themes/vivashop/css/3/theme_editor/standalone.6d4e2955ed710bfa0feae6d117ebeb091453834290.css

So it just appears to be looking in the wrong location for the CSS file. Maybe there is a difference between where the theme cache files are generated in 4.3.5 and where 4.2.4 is looking for them or vice versa? If I copy the file to the path then I can get the theme editor to save the parameters I change - but this is not a good long term solution.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Hi there,

The theme editor is not working for me in 4.3.5 - it was working fine in 4.2.4. The only other thing I have changed is upgraded the version of VIVAShop theme. What appears to happen is that after changing a parameter for the theme no CSS is loading to reflect the changed parameter. The store loads but with basically no CSS in place and upon reloading the setting I changed in the theme editor is not saved.

As far as I can tell, it appears to be a discrepancy between the CSS file that theme_editor.php (controller theme_editor, mode 'get_css') is looking for and the actual CSS file that exists.

The file that theme_editor.php is looking for (line 136) is:

var/cache/misc/3/theme_editor/standalone.6d4e2955ed710bfa0feae6d117ebeb091453834290.css

And the file that exists that I can see is:

var/cache/misc/assets/design/themes/vivashop/css/3/theme_editor/standalone.6d4e2955ed710bfa0feae6d117ebeb091453834290.css

So it just appears to be looking in the wrong location for the CSS file. Maybe there is a difference between where the theme cache files are generated in 4.3.5 and where 4.2.4 is looking for them or vice versa? If I copy the file to the path then I can get the theme editor to save the parameters I change - but this is not a good long term solution.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

This issue requires examination on your server. Please contact us via Help Desk and provide temporary FTP access to your server so we can examine the issue.

Is it possible your theme style file was edited manually and saved with Windows line endings? There is a bug in the theme editor where it doesn't change style settings if the theme style file (for example, styles/data/Modern.less) has Windows line endings. Resave the file with Unix line endings to fix the problem.

I think i have the same issue, did you finally solved it?

Edit:

I am using Vivashop too, i fixed the issue disabling EnergoThemes - IE 9 FIX then the theme editor works fine and you at least can make the changes you want and then you can enable again.

Edit:

I am using Vivashop too, i fixed the issue disabling EnergoThemes - IE 9 FIX then the theme editor works fine and you at least can make the changes you want and then you can enable again.

Please do not forget to inform EnergoThemes about this issue as many CS-Cart customers use this theme

Edit:

It actually worked the opposite for me. I have never had the IE 9 Fix active on my site. Since upgrading to the latest CS-Cart and Vivashop theme, I was not able to use the theme editor. Then I found your post. So I enabled IE 9 Fix, which allowed me to access the theme editor. Weird!

Thanks - the IE9 fix was breaking it for me too.. Not sure about the reverse situation though. Seems odd- makes me think that its not related to the IE9 fix addon.

Not sure if any of you guys forwarded this to Energo, but I just did.

Hi all. Russian branch of forum seems to be almost dead...

Is it any solution when design/content editor is not working? I'm rying to do this, but new window opens without control panel. Nothig was changed in theme or layout since it working, the only thing is that site was moved to another hosting - but it was two months ago and everything else works fine.

May Redis be a reason of this? Because HTTPD restart helps, but not forever. Just cleaning of OPCache won't help.