• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ebay Synchronization Add-On: Improvements And New Features Rate Topic   - - - - -

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10484 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:03 PM #81

Another 2 months...nothing.   When is CS-Cart going to take the next step that a ton of other cart software has already taken a long time ago?  

One of the things you may not realize (and why we abandonded trying to do anything with Amazon) is that they change very rapidly.  I.e. you spend a couple of weeks developing to an interface and then 2 months later they change it all.  Amazon is a maintenance nightmare for 3rd party developers.  But like Google, there's not a lot of room to push back.  So you either commit to loosing money by staying in a state of constant development/release cycles or you decide to leave it for someone else.

This is just my perspective from my experience.  And yes, using a 3rd party multi-marketing channel would push that variability off onto the channel.  Used to be interfaces to the old shopping.com and other multi-channel folks.  It wouldn't be that tough to do but you should choose wisely otherwise your recurring costs are going to eat every bit of your profit.

We're happy to provide a quote for any integration you choose.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3081 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:02 AM #82

I am not getting any responds from support so I'll ask here

Is it possible to do some sort of hack to ebay addon to get

1. shipping set for worldwide instead of locally to US

2. have best offer enabled by default

What happens now when I post product to ebay US, new shipping policy is created, the wrong one, if I could somehow set to match policy one available in ebay this would solve all my shipping problems.

Some problems exist with product cloning, if you clone create new product one is put in ebay, this makes rather complicated to prepare this new product for ebay, in product list it looks as already exported to ebay..

Also I am missing some reset feature for a product, I have a product that was in ebay, later it was ended, now ebay somehow recognize it and does not allow to export it again, not sure according to what does it recognize it? Name, sku ?

4.5.2 SP2

• termalert
  • Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:00 PM #83

Before I even think about playing with this ebay add on....

Is it a 'live' connection ?

In other words, if a product sells on ebay, is the CS-Cart store updated

automatically ?

Sounds not so useful otherwise.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3081 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:47 AM #84

No its not ending automatically..

When you import products from ebay, this process makes stock to decrease in cs-cart. When you make cs-cart order, and see list of exported to ebay products, you got to end ebay item manually.. But if you want to have a complete stock synchronization i doubt if its possible..

4.5.2 SP2

• Faisal
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:29 AM #85

No its not ending automatically..

When you import products from ebay, this process makes stock to decrease in cs-cart. When you make cs-cart order, and see list of exported to ebay products, you got to end ebay item manually.. But if you want to have a complete stock synchronization i doubt if its possible..

It is possible, I am doing that 2 way sync by using 3rd party api.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3081 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:50 AM #86

Can you explain more how you did this ?

It is possible, I am doing that 2 way sync by using 3rd party api.

4.5.2 SP2

• Luthien
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:46 AM #87

Does anyone use Channelsale  or something similar? I wonder how well it works with cscart. It is pricey.

https://www.channels...res/cscart.aspx

Are there any other alternatives being used successfully with cscart?

• demeldoo
  • Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:11 PM #88

Hello...nice right now on eBay on storefront like in the amazon add on would be nice

• demeldoo
  • Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:17 AM #89

hello,

just went to some documentation for ebay addon and please read the comment posted there

http://docs.cs-cart....bay_orders.html

• demeldoo
  • Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:12 PM #90

And why is there no demo for the addon? There is a sandbox test account...

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:04 AM #91

And why is there no demo for the addon? There is a sandbox test account...

Don't want you to see how crappy and worthless it is before you pay for it.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3081 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:17 AM #92

Yep. Not a single update for years..

4.5.2 SP2

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:03 PM #93

I think that CSC is needing to finalise the Product Variations functions before they proceed again with updates to the eBay addon.

From memory, discussed elswhere on this forum, the PV functions are needed to allow correct eBay syncing.

Things do seem to proceed quite slowly....

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10484 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:18 PM #94

Note that compatibility is always a technical obstacle when trying to add new features to a mature product.  What would the backlash be if they went for quick-release but broke everyone who doesn't use the newer functionality. 

My gripe is more about communication.  They rarely if ever ask for input and when they do, they don't provide feedback on what they heard and what they're going to do.  Hence it's always a surprise.  There are lots of tools out there that would allow them to survey, publish the results and then document their action plan.

They do very good technical work.  Problem is that they're not merchants so they loose that perspective when they implement features.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3081 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:11 AM #95

They silently fix and create new bugs, we pay license prolong fees and cycle goes :) ..

Note that compatibility is always a technical obstacle when trying to add new features to a mature product.  What would the backlash be if they went for quick-release but broke everyone who doesn't use the newer functionality. 

My gripe is more about communication.  They rarely if ever ask for input and when they do, they don't provide feedback on what they heard and what they're going to do.  Hence it's always a surprise.  There are lots of tools out there that would allow them to survey, publish the results and then document their action plan.

They do very good technical work.  Problem is that they're not merchants so they loose that perspective when they implement features.

4.5.2 SP2

• demeldoo
  • Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:23 PM #96

i can read :) imagine ;)

• haktel
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 12:42 PM #97

ebay sync not work... we have 15 orders but if want get the order i have thr errormessage: Warningno orders found

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:12 AM #98

If you are not going to update the damn thing, why not refund our money?

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:31 AM #99

*crickets*

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3081 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:46 AM #100

I got uninstalled ebay addon. This damn thing does not work with ebay.com website if your site is set with any other currency then $. My bad I changed to $ main one, appears alternative currencies within order are not saved.. Total mess..

- admin app I suppose will be gone with repondisve skin.

- ebay addon is a mess

- facebook also. If you got anything else then default skin it is going to be bad..

So not sure why did I switch my store fronts to ultimate..

4.5.2 SP2