Server Settings For 4.3.4 Upgtade

Would appreciate it if someone could let me know what correct server settings for php set_time_limit function and FastCGI "Timeout" settings in order to perform an upgrade from 4.3.3 to 4.3.4.

I'm trying a test upgrade to CS-Cart 4.3.4 and got a message telling me to run a 6 minute test script which would check server settings. (I had tried this upgrade yesterday and did not get this window but after things seemed to be going well for a while the upgrade seemed to freeze with an incomplete progress bar for "backing up data for: cs-cart_views". I assume that since the upgrade I tried today seemed to start smoothly no damage was done by the apparent hangup at this point.) At the end of this script I got this message:

---------start

We do not recommend to start the upgrade on your server.

Your server has wrong PHP script timeout settings. This could be due to restrictions on the PHPset_time_limit function or FastCGI "Timeout" options. We recommend you to contact your hosting provider in order to resolve this issue or contact our tech support team to perform the upgrade for you.

---------end

It would be great if CS-Cart had included correct settings or ranges for set_time_limit and FastCGI "Timeout" in the above message.

If you have Access to WHM > Please Increase the PHP Execution time to 6400 and also do the changes in app/Tygh/UpgradeCenter/App.php

Search "$backup_file = DataKeeper::backup" and on the 2nd line you will find the 'compress' => 'zip', Change this to 'compress' => false,

Then Try again.

The above method provided is just an idea to do. I cannot guarantee the successful Upgrade due to addon changes / Core Changes.

If you want to upgrade the Store i recommend you to hire the CS-Cart Professional to do the same.

Do not forget to make full backup of the store before applying changes to the Upgrade Center

I am having the same problem when trying to upgrade from cs cart 4.3.4 to 4.3.5

I have vps and my hosting provider increased the exection time in all php.ini, fcgi, apache, nginx

however still the same message.

We DO NOT recommend to start the upgrade on your server. Your server has wrong PHP script timeout settings. This could be due to restrictions on the PHP set_time_limit function or FastCGI "Timeout" options. We recommend you to contact your hosting provider in order to resolve this issue or contact our tech support team to perform the upgrade for you

Anyone solved the issue?

Same issues for me. I am my own server admin and these things are not usually an issue.

However, trying to upgrade CS-Cart variants is a PITA. changing PHP limits to settings so high should not be required, even so when they are set even to 6400 the script advises of wrong PHP timeout settings.

To me there is something else creating an issue and not simply a max execution and script timeout setting.

If you want to upgrade the Store i recommend you to hire the CS-Cart Professional to do the same.

This should never be a standard response or requirement for anybody who is even at the most basic level with site admin. I agree there are a lot of reasons to go with a CS Cart professional but upgrading for security and features on a server you control is not one of them.

Same issues for me. I am my own server admin and these things are not usually an issue.

However, trying to upgrade CS-Cart variants is a PITA. changing PHP limits to settings so high should not be required, even so when they are set even to 6400 the script advises of wrong PHP timeout settings.

To me there is something else creating an issue and not simply a max execution and script timeout setting.

This should never be a standard response or requirement for anybody who is even at the most basic level with site admin. I agree there are a lot of reasons to go with a CS Cart professional but upgrading for security and features on a server you control is not one of them.

We recommend you to make a full backup on the Administration > Backup/Restore page in the admin panel. If the backup is created successfully the upgrade process should also be performed correctly.

Upgrades need to be handled better period. This is starting to drive customers away.

Upgrades should be handled more modular like WordPress.