Best "image Verification" Settings?

We're getting bombarded with testimonial and call back spam and yet we have “Image Verification” enabled. What “Image Verification” settings have you found are optimal to reduce spam? We're also considering adding Recaptcha and would like your thoughts on this?

We tried various settings, but it seems that the default image verification feature is too simple for modern bots. So it was replaced with Google ReCaptcha. Works like a charm

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1438716614' post='225631']

We tried various setting, but it seems that the default image verification feature is too simple for modern bots. So it was replaced with Google ReCaptcha. Works like a charm

[/quote]

We couldn't agree more. The CS-Cart anti-spam/image-verification system is far too simple and outdated (pre-2012+) for the modern day spam bot. CS-Cart should add the free Google ReCaptcha to the default install. In 1 day we've received over 50+ spam bot posts to our “Image Verifcation” enabled Testimonials and Call Back CS-Cart addons, #wasteoftime

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1438716614' post='225631']

We tried various setting, but it seems that the default image verification feature is too simple for modern bots. So it was replaced with Google ReCaptcha. Works like a charm

[/quote]

I too implemented this. Works better for your customers too.

Dear Friends!

Please, have a look at our new free Recaptcha 2.0 add-on. It will make your website easy for humans and tough for bots!

Dear Friends!

Please, have a look at our new free Recaptcha 2.0 add-on. It will make your website easy for humans and tough for bots!

Says compatible with 4.3.x but when I go to install it I get an error:

ErrorVersion of your cart (4.3.1) is not supported. Minimal: 4.3.5. Maximal: ∞.

I will send the information to our developers. I apologize for possible inconvenience.

You can use our version of the module compatible with 4.3.x and 4.2.x versions

https://www.ecom-labs.com/ready-to-use-add-ons/cs-cart-google-recaptcha-add-on.html

You can use our version of the module compatible with 4.3.x and 4.2.x versions

https://www.ecom-labs.com/ready-to-use-add-ons/cs-cart-google-recaptcha-add-on.html

Edit: I was able to get this to work by switching to a light theme. The dark version wasn't able to be seen on my black background page.

Edit: I was able to get this to work by switching to a light theme. The dark version wasn't able to be seen on my black background page.

Thank you for keeping us updated

We have fixed the issue. You can download the new archive in your File Area.

Does the Simtech Version 2.0 work on 4.6.3

thanks

Does the Simtech Version 2.0 work on 4.6.3

thanks

reCaptcha is a built-in feature since 4.5.1

http://blog.cs-cart.com/2017/02/28/cs-cart-and-multi-vendor-4-5-1-are-here/

Can you put the reCaptcha code on 2 pages in the same website. If not, which is the best place to put it? Is there a way to put it on the reviews tab?

thank you

Hello,

It would be interesting to see someone develop an add-on for 'Invisible Captcha'. I simply haven't had the time to create such a project yet but this will make the life of some people even easier :)

https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/invisible

Can you put the reCaptcha code on 2 pages in the same website. If not, which is the best place to put it? Is there a way to put it on the reviews tab?

thank you

Well, it should. Google Recaptcha tracks the behaviour of the user across the board and when the users clicks the button it will 'authenticate' the behaviour and let your server know that it is a valid user. So where the button is placed shouldn't make a difference.

Kind regards,

Kind regards,

Thanks popped web.

I have had my reviews used by hackers. I found their conversations on my reviews. many visitors come directly to a product page from a google ad. I notice Amazon bots that open every product page on my site. So I think its important to place the recaptcha in the right spot. Is it possible to create a pop-up that appears whenever a visitor attempts to enter my site? I am not really savvy on the tecnology.

Thank you

Is it possible to create a pop-up that appears whenever a visitor attempts to enter my site?

Do you not think that you should loose customers due to this feature?

eCom I am not talking about the type of reCAPTCHA that requires picking out some photos. I mean a simple "I am not a robot" that only requires a click to move on. I think people are so used to seeing this that It could work without driving people away.

However if someone can give me an idea for where to place this to be equally effective , I would be ready to do that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

eCom I am not talking about the type of reCAPTCHA that requires picking out some photos. I mean a simple "I am not a robot" that only requires a click to move on. I think people are so used to seeing this that It could work without driving people away.

However if someone can give me an idea for where to place this to be equally effective , I would be ready to do that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hello,

This is the exact reason why I suggested 'Invisible Captcha'. This will bind the challenge button to an input field, thus it is 'invisible'. However, like the normal captcha, when it cannot decide whether you are a bot or not it will show a popup from which you will have to pick the correct images.

Kind regards,

PoppedWeb. I see that the invisible reCAPTCHA is available (https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/invisible) but I am not equiped to perform these functions.

So then I guess that if I place the button on a "contact us" page that the reCAPTCHA will catch a robot entering on a product page?

Is this correct?

Thank you