1-Year Licenses Discontinued

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello,[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We have collected the sales statistics of CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor licenses. Unfortunately, the 1-year licenses didn’t gain popularity with our customers in 2014 and 2015.

After much debate, we decided to stop selling new 1-year CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor licenses and concentrate on the lifetime licenses.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do These Changes Affect the 1-Year License Owners?

No, the existing 1-year CS-Cart / Multi-Vendor license owners will not be affected.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you have a 1-year CS-Cart / Multi-Vendor license, you continue using it as usual and prolong the subscription on the same terms as you did. In other words, nothing will be changed for you except the ability to buy an additional 1-year license—if you decide to open a new store, the only choice is to buy a lifetime license.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do I Have Time to Buy a 1-Year License?

We’ll stop selling the 1-year licenses on August 10. You still have time to buy a 1-year CS-Cart or Multi-Vendor license if you want. Of course, if you buy a license now, you’ll get all the support and ability to prolong your license in the future.[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A 1-year CS-Cart license offers more features for less money compared to a lifetime CS-Cart license:[/font][/color][list]

[]A 1-year CS-Cart license costs $195. Meanwhile, a lifetime license—$385.

[/list][list]

[
]With a one year access to Facebook App you can embed your store into your Facebook page to draw more customers. The subscription costs $90/year if ordered with a lifetime license.

[/list][list]

[]The eBay Synchronization add-on allows you to sell your products on Ebay. You pay $125 for the add-on if you have a lifetime license.

[/list][list]

[
]With Twigmo Mobile Storefront your customers feel comfortable browsing your store from mobile devices. A 1-year CS-Cart license includes a one year subscription to Twigmo Basic plan which has a mobile storefront, a mobile app for admins, and the visual editor. The Basic plan costs $90/year if ordered with a lifetime license.

[/list]

With a 1-year CS-Cart license you save up to $495 compared to a lifetime CS-Cart license on the first year of subscription.

Although a 1-year Multi-Vendor license doesn’t include the Facebook app, the eBay Synchronization add-on, and Twigmo, you still save up to $860 compared to a lifetime Multi-Vendor license on the first year of subscription.

[center][size=5]Buy a 1-Year CS-Cart License[/size][/center]

[center]Buy a 1-Year Multi-Vendor License[/center]

Note, that a 1-year license doesn’t include the subscription to Searchanise Pro. With a 1-year license you get the Searchanise add-on that works for stores with 25 products or less. If you have more than 25 products and want Searchanise features, you should buy their Pro or Enterprise subscription separately.

If you have any questions about these changes, please do not hesitate to ask here in the topic.

Thank you.

That is too bad. I really liked the idea of a 1 year license. I think the value was so much more than the lifetime license. I myself purchased a 1-year license and have taken advantage of the Facebook, eBay, and the Twigmo add ons.

Can I purchase another 1-year right now for a future webstore even if I don't have the domain defined?

I am also disappointed in this decision. $385 is a lot of money for some small businesses to fork out after already purchasing the cart. This might cause some of my clients to start looking at other carts.

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1438708776' post='225605']

$385 is a lot of money for some small businesses to fork out after already purchasing the cart.

[/quote]

I'm confused. They “purchase the cart” and then have to pay an additional $385?

I interpreted the initial post to say if I have already purchased a cart and my license is expired, that I need to now purchase a lifetime license if I want upgrades. $385

My understanding is that the 1 year license and the lifetime license are totally different products. The 1 year thing is more like a subscription…kinda like Amazon Prime. So in that sense you're not “purchasing the cart,” you're just purchasing the right to use it (along with the Facebook, eBay, and Twigmo addons) for a period of one year.

So, if I already have a cart. How much to turn its license back on so I get free upgrades:

1. for One Year?
  2. for Lifetime?

On the lifetime license, if you pay for upgrades within a certain amount of time you pay $110. After that time you pay $165 I believe.

It might be lost in translation from Russian to English, but whomever named it a Lifetime License should be fired. :)

A U.S. company would never get away calling this a lifetime license if upgrades are not included.

[post content removed] My reply was erroneous due to confusion over the license models.

My god if I wasn’t confused before I am now. I don’t have clue what licence I have and to be honest I don’t much care anymore :-)

For me the one year license is not the real problem.The real problem that i and others are expecting to be resolved is in releasing a stable version of the cart and until now i must say that even if great improvements were made…the most stable version is still 2.x.x

Don't be fooled by this. This is a strategic play to get smaller companies onboard their SaaS (aka Merchium) product. By raising the initial price tag, they're hoping people will just go straight to Merchium. However, people may just go to Shopify or Bigcommerce instead.

It will be interesting to see how this affects CS-Cart.

yakulakov…

Did you notice a sudden drop off in 1 year license sales when you dropped

Searchanise without any real warning.

I notice that you are experiencing a slow uptake on Merchium.

This 'paying for Crat2Crat' export/import should see a boost for you.

Interesting that C a r t 2 C a r t is on your censorship list

It may counter your full page in the blog that was almost trying to talk people

out of Merchium on security grounds. By security I mean the store owners

customers data base being in Merchium's hands.

I do hope that Merchium gets up and flies.

A word of advice.

PUSH CS-CART'S PROMOTIONAL TOOL.

We live in an age of promotions ( especially personalised ones ) and yours craps

on any offering by Shopify, Bigcommerce or Volusion.

It actually craps on every 'out of the box' cart I have ever seen.

During all free trials, promotions is where I go first and they are

all so very limited compared to CS-Cart.

Come on…whoever designed it, put your hand up and take a bow.

[quote name='jegesmaci' timestamp='1438708072' post='225603']

That is too bad. I really liked the idea of a 1 year license. I think the value was so much more than the lifetime license. I myself purchased a 1-year license and have taken advantage of the Facebook, eBay, and the Twigmo add ons.

[/quote]

Yes, it 1-Year had more value, but still was not popular.

[quote name='jegesmaci' timestamp='1438708072' post='225603']

Can I purchase another 1-year right now for a future webstore even if I don't have the domain defined?

[/quote]

Yes, you can purchase 1-Year license until August 10.

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1438711319' post='225613']

So, if I already have a cart. How much to turn its license back on so I get free upgrades:

1. for One Year?
  2. for Lifetime?

[/quote]

That depends on what license do you use.

If it is lifetime license than you use it as before. Unlimited time with no fees, and $110/$160 if you want to get an access to upgrades for one year.

Whereas if you use 1-Year License than nothing will be changed, you will have to pay $195 each year.

[quote]No, the existing 1-year CS-Cart / Multi-Vendor license owners will not be affected.[/quote]

You can always check what license you have in your Help Desk account in the Licenses section

Here is the Upgrade Policy: [url=“Resources :: Upgrade Policy”]https://www.cs-cart.com/upgrade-policy.html[/url]

[quote name='jjtrottier' timestamp='1438728908' post='225646']

Don't be fooled by this. This is a strategic play to get smaller companies onboard their SaaS (aka Merchium) product. By raising the initial price tag, they're hoping people will just go straight to Merchium. However, people may just go to Shopify or Bigcommerce instead.

It will be interesting to see how this affects CS-Cart.

[/quote]

We are not raising any prices, where did you get this?

Please do not read between the lines, read the text.

CS-Cart and Merhium are different products. having full access under your store files and data is not the same as Saas subscription when you do not have ability to change a simple file.

Im glad you are getting rid of the yearly subscriptions. Keeping things simple works better. I do see a price hike in this. Will you increase the number of storefronts?

The argument about the 1st party addons are moot for those of us who have no use for it.

Please stop changing your licenses over and over again. Its confusing. Especially if the license name is not descriptive.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1438760527' post='225682']

We are not raising any prices, where did you get this?

Please do not read between the lines, read the text.

CS-Cart and Merhium are different products. having full access under your store files and data is not the same as Saas subscription when you do not have ability to change a simple file.

[/quote]

I think I am reading between the lines quite clearly. By eliminating 1 year subscriptions, you are effectively raising the initial price tag or the “barrier to entry” to use CS-Cart as self-hosted.

I see this as a necessary move for CS-Cart because I'm sure that supporting self-hosted clients is probably a time consuming and expensive task. So in setting a higher “initial price” you are weeding out those customers who many not be 100% serious or capable of properly running self-hosted software.

For me, however, I have been reselling your product to customers using the annual model. The lower upfront cost helps me close more deals and keep my prices down. With this increase, it really pushes me towards finding a pure SaaS partner or other hosted cart. The unpredictability of your licensing model leaves me worried about whether I should continue my efforts with CS-Cart.

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1438708776' post='225605']

I am also disappointed in this decision. $385 is a lot of money for some small businesses to fork out after already purchasing the cart. This might cause some of my clients to start looking at other carts.

[/quote]

Thats what I have been making about a year on the site =P