Very Weird Caching Issue With Products

When we turn off ‘Rebuild cache’ in Design > Themes in the backend, we have a very weird issue. The first product we view is as it should be and shows the right information, but every other product we view shows the same product information and images as the first one. The URL, however, is as it should be.

In other words: it seems that a product page is being cached, regardless which product is being viewed. Does anyone has any idea what’s wrong?

We override the product page, and using the original template fixes this issue. I guess we will just replace the override and redesign it again, hoping it will now work.

Still, I do not understand why this would cause a cache problem. In previous CS-Cart versions, it worked fine… Any explanations on how this could happen would be greatly appreciated.

Assuming you've cleared the Cache. If so try deleting the entire var/cache folder to regenerate it from scratch.

When you say you used an override for the product page, can you be more specific? I.e. did you override views/products/view.tpl? Or did you do something else?

Try to create new product layout page according to the following instruction

[quote name='larrezz91' timestamp='1436362251' post='222069']

We override the product page, and using the original template fixes this issue. I guess we will just replace the override and redesign it again, hoping it will now work.

Still, I do not understand why this would cause a cache problem. In previous CS-Cart versions, it worked fine… Any explanations on how this could happen would be greatly appreciated.

[/quote]

How did you solve the problem? Can you please post the solution.

We did not find a fix, we just kept caching turned off

[quote name='larrezz91' timestamp='1439189871' post='226176']

We did not find a fix, we just kept caching turned off

[/quote]

Not good idea. Website can be slow

Hi Cs-Cart,

Is our problem fixed in the new Cs-Cart version 4.3.4?