Features Import Format Not Working

I have tried several different ways to import the Features for the Details TAB using Products import,

What is the correct format?

Knowledgebase Instructions:[list]

[*]Features. All features that you import must be in the {Feature ID} (Group name) Feature name: Feature type[Feature value] format, where Feature ID - ID of the feature, Group name - Name of the feature group, Feature name - Name of the feature, Feature type - Type of the feature (C - checkbox, M - multiple checkboxes, S - text select box, N - number select box, E - extended selectbox, T - simple text, O - number, D - date), Feature value - Value of the feature (several values can be delimited by a comma). Several features must be delimited by a semicolon. Note, it is required to create features on the Product features page before (!) applying them to the products.

[/list]

EXAMPLE: T[1233423423]; Release date: D[05/05/07]; Color: S[Red]

I have separated each Feature with “;” but still get wrong results…

also the “Material” and “Finish” Feature not listed.

Here is my Products Import TEXT for the Features column in the Excel file

Size: T[5/64]; SAE or Metric: T[SAE];Material: T[Chromalloy Steel Shaft & 8650 Alloy Hex Bit];Finish:T[Gold color Zinc Plate & Black Oxide Bit]; Drive Type: T[T-Handle Hex];Style: T[SUPER-T-DRIVER]; Dr./Length (L): T[6]

My Results

This is the result i want…

Please advise…thanks chris

Hi Christbi,

It's been a while since we tried to import Features. Never fun given the extreme complexity of structuring one's data.

Perhaps this can help you, an earlier post of mine in which I included a screenshot of our spreadsheet. If you look at that screenshot (top right corner) it might help you to figure out the exact structure.

[url=“Best Practices? Import Features Per Product Via Csv - Hints & Modifications - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Best Practices? Import Features Per Product Via Csv - Hints & Modifications - CS-Cart Community Forums

Thanks for the Help…Still getting incorrect FEATURES in Detail TAB…

Trying to import Features

STILL GETTING THIS…

Why are some features correct but some are incorrect and have brackets “]” “[” etc…

import data used below

Size: M[.109]; SAE or Metric: M[SAE];Material:M[Chromalloy Steel Shaft///8650 Alloy Hex Bit];Finish:M[Gold color Zinc Plate///Black Oxide Bit]; Drive Type: M[T-Handle Hex];Style:M[SUPER-T-DRIVER]; Dr. Length (L): M[6]

This seems correct according to the Knowledge base…

any suggestions?

I'll send a starbucks gift card for this first person to solve this…thanks chris

Hi, found three typo's, see attachment. It should fix some (all?) of your errors

CSC-team should really read my original post about it, the level of complexity required for data-preparation is ridiculous

Features typo.jpg

Thanks for the help…Problem Solved…Your Starbucks Card is on its way!!

Thanks again-… Chris BTI USA

Hi Chris,

You are welcome. Good luck with the next steps!

Olof

For anyone struggling with this:

http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/42149-how-to-import-product-features-using-csv-including-grouped-features/