Bug In Shipping Method

Hi

We experience a major bug in our CS-Cart.

We created multiple shipping methods for each location. Some locations contain multiple countries while other do not.

When a customer checks out while having registered in country A (location 1) then he get’s to choose from location 1 and location 2. While he should only be allowed to select from location 1.

When editing existing shipping methods the country selected by default is the same as the previous edited or created shipping method.

That should be case or have made error in setting up the shipping methods.

Please advice

[attachment=9479:shippingmethods.png]

shippingmethods.png

Hello from Yvana: the entire shipping method seems to be corrupt.

What happens is that when you edit a shipping method and go to the details, the destination will often have jumped to a different country.

EVEN when you reselect the correct country/destination, the method wil have corrupted.

ONLY when each method that is corrupted is entirely deleted and re-created… things seem to work again.

Has anyone else noticed this immensely annoying phenomenon?

I don't have this issue in 2.25

[quote name='Webmaster_at_Mungotedo' timestamp='1430569912' post='213184']

Hello from Yvana: the entire shipping method seems to be corrupt.

What happens is that when you edit a shipping method and go to the details, the destination will often have jumped to a different country.

EVEN when you reselect the correct country/destination, the method wil have corrupted.

ONLY when each method that is corrupted is entirely deleted and re-created… things seem to work again.

Has anyone else noticed this immensely annoying phenomenon?

[/quote]

What version, my 4.2.4 seems ok

We have 2 stores , one in 4.2.4 that we are still setting up (but the problem appears here too) and the one that is already set up is 4.2.3 .

The basic 'bug' we are facing is that whenever you go into edit mode , even when it is not for changing anything but for consultation to see whether things 'work' , the blue field with the locations will have 'jumped' place.

Say you just edited or created a method for Belgium and then want to edit Germany that you created before, Belgium is selected. mostly to where you have last edited something) and it is extremely hard to de-select the wrong selection , especially when that country is in the drop down menu. Even when I did manage to do this, it had NO effect on the corrupted method as when you go back to the front end and place an order, the same faulty choices appear again, unless you ruthlessly DELETE the shipping method and start all over again.

Can't explain it in more detail than this (desperately trying to find a way to add the screenshot of it)

Made one with the dropdown menu where somehow Germany ends up in the method for France and as a result,

I can give a list of what went wrong when testing the various methods for each region

1. customer in Bulgaria is allowed to get free shipping if he selects Estonia, while an Estonian can't get free shipping at that price for the same method.

solution : deleted the method for Estonia (Latvia and Lithuania are in same method), started over and it worked: no free shipping.

2. customer in the NLs should be allowed free shipping for 1 method, but he gets free shipping for 2 methods, while it worked OK before… deleted method and it works again.

3. Customer in Sweden gets to select method for Nls and France too. To add insult to injury: wrong amount for Sweden.

Deleted 3 out of 4 methods : NLs , France and Sweden. Now it works and Swedish customer only gets the 2 choices for Sweden with correct amount.

4. Customer in Spain, no Spanish method, only NLs and free to boot while that shouldn't be possible at this amount.

Decided to get rid of all provinces in all locations and also deleted method again.

It almost worked, except that now somehow he can choose Belgium. Deleted Belgium method and recreated it.

5. Customer in Belgium: allowed to choose a German destination as well as UK/GB. Obviously deleted both methods again and … re-crated… etc.

5 Customer in France gets to select method for Sweden… … deleted Sweden en recreated it.

6. Customer in Austria gets only 1 choice while there should be 2. Deleted the method that he should have been shown , made a new one… works OK now.

7. learnt something new: Metropolitan France belongs to France… it hadn't been added anywhere, so if you picked that one you got free shipping… my fault.

8. back to Netherlands again… now a simple mistake, charging slightly too much… went in method and lo & behold, w/o corrupting it, it still worked.

OK here's the screenshot of dropdown menu where 2 countries are selected while I was 100% certain only 1 had been selected.

Sorry to be so lengthy, I'm obviously NOT into IT!

Yvana

FRmethod_dropdownmenu2selectednotone.jpg

Setting up shipping method in 2nd store using the same rates.

The pattern seems clear now: if you are NOT superduper careful and UN-select the countries that were chosen for the method that you just created, the new method will include that country too… sometimes for free as well.

Like how after creating the methods for Spain, Sweden was created and Spain was still selected… even upon UN-selecting it, the method still is available to the inhabitant of Spain… for free too.

Nobody? Deleted the corrupted shipping methods and created new ones, so all methods work faultless now.

Unless CSCart v4 has had some major improvements to the shipping methods from v2, the shipping mechanism cannot cope with overlapping locations,

By thi i mean, if City_1 is in Location_1 for Supplier_A_shipping_Method and City_1 is in Location_2 for Supplier_B_shipping_Method, you may not see any shipping method at all for orders. I believe this isalso occurs even when one of the locations or Methods is disabled. Perhaps your problems are the same issue?

[quote name='remoteone' timestamp='1432483134' post='215585']

Unless CSCart v4 has had some major improvements to the shipping methods from v2, the shipping mechanism cannot cope with overlapping locations,

By thi i mean, if City_1 is in Location_1 for Supplier_A_shipping_Method and City_1 is in Location_2 for Supplier_B_shipping_Method, you may not see any shipping method at all for orders. I believe this isalso occurs even when one of the locations or Methods is disabled. Perhaps your problems are the same issue?

[/quote]

Well it very well could be. For now we have circumvented any overlapping locations and it seems to be working. A little buggy however is still the way you have to configure shipping by itself. With buggy I mean that during the selection process overal stability in what you select and how depends on the browser. Sometimes Mozilla just freezes up and or neglects an previous selection. All in all I believe it to be solved. Thanks for posting by the way.