A/b Testing

Does anybody have any experience with A/B testing in cs-cart?

If I’d like to make a test for mobile skin and direct 50% of my MOBILE customers to mobile version and other 50% of MOBILE customers to the desktop version, is it possible?

Perhaps via Google Experiments?

Or, if I’d like to have a test, 50/50 on a different shop checkout?

HI Fedor

due to the type of platform, CS-Cart is not so easy to test with Google A/B testing tool, you need lot of work and code changes.

I have found www.optimizely.com to be much easier, especially for those who have no code expirience at all. Its all drag n drop

You only need to get a piece of code and put it on your store just like adwords or facebook tracking code.

Thats it.

Try it out, it also has a free plan.

Fotis

Hi,

thanks for answer dvsgr

Where do I add the tracking code to work globally on whole shop? Which template is the best to put it into?

Hi Fedor

if you have v42x then you can go to layout and put it in the default tab by hitting the small gear icon, next to Default as you hover . There is a field in the popup below, called code, and this will work for all pages.

Fotis

Thanks, however I’m on v2 currently :(

[list]

[]Create the following directories path in the root directory of your CS-Cart installation:

skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index, where [CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN] is an active skin of your storefront.

[
]Create the file meta.post.tpl file in there.

[]Add the code and save

[
]Clean you cache

[/list]

Thank you very much Fotis,

and in case I want to implement in only on home page, where should I put it best?

Hi Fedor

you can add the code in the same file but between this

{if $controller=='index'}
{/if}

And finally, where is the best place to put tracking code that suggests putting it before tag or in footer?

In my case the whole footer is in html block in block view in cs-cart panel. Surely I cant put the .js code there, can I?

Js Code cant work in a block.

you need to follow the procedure I described above

[quote][list]

[]Create the following directories path in the root directory of your CS-Cart installation:

skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index, where[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN] is an active skin of your storefront.

[
]Create the file meta.post.tpl file in there.

[]Add
{if $controller=='index'}

{/if}

[
]Add the code inside the if and save

[*]Clean your cache (best way to do it via FTP)

[/list]

[/quote]

Also, when I made meta.post my site stopped working. Do I have to put it in {literal} tags?

I tried with literal on footer.post.tpl, the site didnt stop working, but the .js is not in the source code

Thanks Fotis, meta.post.tpl is for top of the page right? If i want bottom of page its footer.post.tpl ?

Yes

you can put it there if its not between the head tags.

Fotis

[quote name='Fedor' timestamp='1427962308' post='209967']

Also, when I made meta.post my site stopped working. Do I have to put it in {literal} tags?

I tried with literal on footer.post.tpl, the site didnt stop working, but the .js is not in the source code

[/quote]

if the script has { in it you need to use literal, yes

Thank you Fotis for you help :)