Paypal Payments Not Confirmed Until Customer Return To Site

Hi,

We’re trying to set up the regular PayPal payment processor, and currently running it on the test server.

On the PayPal site itself, PayPal sends us an IPN confirmation of the payment as soon as this happens. (See attached image).

The problem is that CS Cart itself doesn’t update the status of the order (to Open) in the database until the customer actually returns to our site. Of course, if they choose not to return to our site (quite possible), the order status won’t be updated and show up, even though it’s been paid for.

Shouldn’t the status be updated as soon as CS Cart receives the IPN, regardless of whether the customer returns? The status shown in the server logs for the IPN call is 200, so there’s no obvious problem.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

CS-Cart will change the status according to the information received in IPN confirmation. It does not matter, if the customer was redirected back to the website or not. Please check

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1425636161' post='207272']

CS-Cart will change the status according to the information received in IPN confirmation. It does not matter, if the customer was redirected back to the website or not. Please check

[/quote]

I don't understand- please check what? The order isn't there when the payment is received. It appears as soon as the person explicitly returns to the website. (We've explicitly checked the database and the status only goes from 'N' to 'O' upon return).

Yes, I would assume that CS-Cart is meant to update the status in response to the immediately-received IPN from PayPal. The problem is that it isn't doing this.

• Smich

I think eComLabs means check the IPN settings in your PayPal account.

Ah, sorry- yes, I see what you mean. It looks like I should have had IPN turned off anyway. I'll take a look at that…

Thank you!