Duplicate Order Emails

We just upgraded to 4.2.4 from 2.2.4 and we are now getting two emails for every new order.

I am not sure if the customers are also getting two emails.

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem or is anyone else seeing this problem?

Thank you!

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]It appears that CS Cart sets the order status to “Paid” twice. 1 time after the PayPal payment has been made and 1 time after the PayPal payment verification response. I was able to verify that this is happening by looking at Administration → Logs. [/size][/font]

[font=“arial, sans-serif”][size=4]​I still don't know what to do to fix the issue…[/size][/font]

I have the same problem, but only with PayPal Express. I get two emails and so does the customer. I also upgraded (Fresh install) from 2.2.4 to 4.2.4. The admin logs show: Incomplete>Complete, Complete>Incomplete, Incomplete>Complete. At least its the same order number and customer only gets charged once. I have a ticket in with cs-cart. They did a test order and did not have the problem, but there order did not show up in my PayPal account, so it was not a true test. They re still looking at it. This is not random, but 100% of the PayPal express orders. This does not happen with PayPal Standard or Credit Card orders.

Bob

Pbannette,

Yes, we are in a similar situation - we only use PayPal Express.

One difference is that our customers seem to be only getting one email - but I only asked one just now.

We suggest you to post this issue to the bug tracker

ECom

Thank you for your suggestion.

I do not know for sure if it is a bug or a settings issue so I have opened a ticket with CS Cart.

Hello,

I opened a ticket with cs-cart over a week ago. They have been working on it, including early this morning. They can't reproduce it They have done test orders, but since the test orders don't show in my PayPal account, I don't know how they test it.

I have sent over 6-8 admin logs which shows every step of the order including the double Incomplete>Complete cycles. Nothing more I can do. They ask for steps on how to reproduce it ( I think the logs say it all). the step is this: Place order using PayPal express. That's it!

At least its not double charged. I asked a couple of customer and both said they received two invoices just seconds apart. The time stamp in the admin logs are exactly the same time.

I did include this post in my last ticket update.

Bob

I'm having the exact same issue and its causing confusion with people thinking they purchased twice. Anyone know of a fix to this yet please?

Support made a number of test orders from inside my store last week and could not resolve the problem.

I was told that they would have the engineers look at the issue - no word since then…

Does that mean that support uses staff with less skill than other “engineers” on their team?

Support made a number of test orders from inside my store last week and could not resolve the problem.

I was told that they would have the engineers look at the issue - no word since then…

Does that mean that support uses staff with less skill than other “engineers” on their team?

[font=“Verdana”][size=“1”]The verdict is in - a bug - but they have no sense of urgency to fix the problem:[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]“It is okay, if IPN is activated. We have examined the issue further and found out that it is caused by a bug in the current version of CS-Cart. Our engineers are working on it and I will contact you as soon as I get any result from them.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]Please let me note that we now have official bug fixing time-frames. You can find the information about them in the article on our forum on the following page:[/size][/font]

[url=“Official Bug Fixing Timeframes - News and Announcements - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Official Bug Fixing Timeframes - News and Announcements - CS-Cart Community Forums

[font=Verdana][size=3]This bug relates to the [/size][/font]Minor[font=Verdana][size=3] severity so the maximum waiting time is 45 days. We apologize for any possible inconvenience.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]Thank you for your patience.”[/size][/font]

[quote name='Traveler' timestamp='1425989543' post='207564']

[font=“Verdana”][size=“1”]The verdict is in - a bug - but they have no sense of urgency to fix the problem:[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]“It is okay, if IPN is activated. We have examined the issue further and found out that it is caused by a bug in the current version of CS-Cart. Our engineers are working on it and I will contact you as soon as I get any result from them.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]Please let me note that we now have official bug fixing time-frames. You can find the information about them in the article on our forum on the following page:[/size][/font]

http://forum.cs-cart…ing-timeframes/

[font=Verdana][size=3]This bug relates to the [/size][/font]Minor[font=Verdana][size=3] severity so the maximum waiting time is 45 days. We apologize for any possible inconvenience.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=3]Thank you for your patience.”[/size][/font]

[/quote]

I look forward to receiving the answer as I also have this problem

Beads,

You should ask them for an update.

FYI the bug fix can be found here: http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-5609-paypal-express-issue/page__gopid__21564#entry21564