Templates In Multi Store Configuration

I don't seem to understand how multiple storefronts work. I have two storefronts, both running the responsive theme but with two different styles.

I have added a bit of code to index.tpl using the my changes addon, and it works on both storefronts. The problem is I would need the code to run on one storefront only. So, how do I do this?

Another problem I have is that both storefronts use the same addons. For example, I would like to enable the reward points addon on one storefront but not the other. I can't figure out how to do this. If I choose a store in the admin panel, I can't disable the addon.

Thanks for all help,

-mats

You would have to make it conditional upon company_id. I.e. {$runtime.company_id}

0 == all stores

1 == first store

2 == second store

etc,

But stores may not be sequentially numbered and may not start at 1 for the fist store. All depends on what you've done in the back end for creating/deleting storefronts.

[quote name='pine' timestamp='1422195284' post='203382']

Another problem I have is that both storefronts use the same addons. For example, I would like to enable the reward points addon on one storefront but not the other. I can't figure out how to do this. If I choose a store in the admin panel, I can't disable the addon.

[/quote]

As a solution, you can use a copy of the main theme for the second store and delete add-on templates from this theme

Thanks for your help. Conditional was what I was looking for, but couldn't find the right variable to use.

I have many times needed info on how to do these kinds of checks in templates, is there any place where I can find a list on usable objects/attributes/variables?

Nope, you just have to dig through other templates/code to fine similar things and then apply logic. A Registry schema would be very useful with a description related to each entry. But then they'd be kind of bound to it if it were published. That's why a lot of cs-cart internals are not published so they can be changed at any time.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1422436421' post='203626']

Nope, you just have to dig through other templates/code to fine similar things and then apply logic. A Registry schema would be very useful with a description related to each entry. But then they'd be kind of bound to it if it were published. That's why a lot of cs-cart internals are not published so they can be changed at any time.

[/quote]

Alrighty then… thanks for the info!