Empty Alt Text

Hi guys,

My website auditor is showing that every single one of my product pages is showing a single “Empty Alt text error” and the url it shows is the captcha image.

I've tried going into the image_verification.tpl file but it didn't seem to fix the problem. Is there any other files that might have this captcha image. It seems like a simple fix, but I am not sure how to fix it.

I tried using inspect element and it referred me to the code below. When I clicked the captcha image, it shows the alt=“” but I don't know how to find it?

Cheers

you need to set alt text for products or use some custom code on the forum…search for alt text

I've already set the alt texts for my products. This error is showing the captcha image as the problem. I found two empty alt=“” in the image_verification.tpl file but after adding a name to the alt=“” nothing happened and still same error warning on our seo program. Every product is affected. I'll keep searching.

as you can see above empty alt text is generated by send to friend. … it related to social buttons addon… Try in that folder theme/addonsocual button something like that

Hi,

I had a look at the add-on folder and the send_to _my_friend folder and couldn't see any empty alt text. I'm not a coder so I may not fully understand exactly what I'm supposed to do.

[quote name='venomxr' timestamp='1422142359' post='203361']

I've already set the alt texts for my products. This error is showing the captcha image as the problem. I found two empty alt=“” in the image_verification.tpl file but after adding a name to the alt=“” nothing happened and still same error warning on our seo program. Every product is affected. I'll keep searching.

[/quote]

Note that there are two img tags with the empty alt text in the following template:

design\themes\YOUR_THEME\templates\common\image_verification.tpl

And do not forget to clear cache after the text is added