Images Folder After Installation Have Demo Files

Hi,

I just noticed that fresh cs-cart installation have many demo images in images folder although Demo data was not installed. Additionally in the database cscart_common_descriptions have a lot of rows with that images. The question is it enough to delete all the images from that folder and the data from the database cscart_common_descriptions with the object_holder images. I just think that this data could be somewhere else in the database and can't understand why it is stored for the fresh install.

Dear Breeze,

Could you please tell us the CS-Cart version you use.

Best regards, Alt-team.

Sorry, forget to mention. The last one 4.2.4

I noticed this also. I installed 4.2.3. During install I said do not install demo data. After install, I looked on the server and in the database many demo images, promotions, banners, etc. were installed. I went in a deleted them all manually.

It looks like a bug. Please post it to the bug tracker

[quote name='Triplets' timestamp='1418736366' post='199932']

I noticed this also. I installed 4.2.3. During install I said do not install demo data. After install, I looked on the server and in the database many demo images, promotions, banners, etc. were installed. I went in a deleted them all manually.

[/quote]

Yep, banners also.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1418744572' post='199949']

It looks like a bug. Please post it to the bug tracker

[/quote]

Thanks. I will.

During install of 4.2.2 I said do not install demo data. After install of 4.2.2 and upgrade of my 2.2.5 with the Store Import I looked on the server and in the images directory there are many demo images installed.

Does this mean that I have to spend lots of time manually sorting through the images?

Is this still the situation with 4.2.3 and 4.2.4 and later versions?

The demo images come with all versions. The only thing that does not get installed is the database data.

Fresh install 4.4.1

Did 'not' select Demo Data.

45 meg of useless images present in Images folder.

Can I delete the contents of the images directory

before commencing an import ?

Store import not available and I wish to attempt manual

imports.

I would not do that. A small utility could be written to compare your images table with what’s in the images/detailed directory and then you could review it.

But I’m not convinced that installing or not installing demo data does anything other than products and categories and the related options, features and images might just be part of the distributed database.

Delete only images/detailed and images/thumbnails directories.