2015 Eu Vat Changes

Hi,

How CS-Cart is going to implement this new EU regulation?

[url=“VAT rules for supplies of digital services to consumers - GOV.UK”]https://www.gov.uk/g...i-one-stop-shop[/url]

Please look at this discussion:

https://support.woot…EU-VAT-changes-

“[color=#555555][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif][size=4]What about a customer putting a digital service and a real product (say an eBook and a real hardcover book) both in his shopping cart? For the eBook the shop page and the shopping cart must show prices including the VAT that applies in the customer´s country, for the real book the shop page and the cart must show prices including the VAT that applies in the shop´s country. You are working on a solution for this?”[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif][size=4]Best wishes,[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=proxima-nova, sans-serif][size=4]Alex[/size][/font][/color]

Also following this post.

We suggest you to post this request to the bug tracker as an important feature request.

why is this a bug. you set in taxes different % , 6% 21% and by each product you select the 6 or 21%

For particuler clients nothing change, they pay the taxes. For company's now they need to pay the taxes aswell outside the country.

So i dont see any changes for shopping, or do i understand wrong?

Regards

yes apsolutly…

but you can set a exclucion for customer.

Cusomter can always ask if he can buy without taxes and after some kind of proof of valid tax number you can :

open customer and check the [color=#333333]Tax exempt: box[/color]

i see the problem already what AKL is meaning.

Example i sell products on 21% in Belgium but someone from Italy order with me so the Italy tax is 22%, so whe need to pay the tax from the digital goods to italy. But the problem is that the product has standard 21% tax.

There is a problem in cscart that need a fix for digital products.

[quote name='Anaconda' timestamp='1424982134' post='206557']

i see the problem already what AKL is meaning.

Example i sell products on 21% in Belgium but someone from Italy order with me so the Italy tax is 22%, so whe need to pay the tax from the digital goods to italy. But the problem is that the product has standard 21% tax.

There is a problem in cscart that need a fix for digital products.

[/quote]

Exactly. This is actually a VERY hot issue for stores selling digital right now. There are a lot of countries involved - each not only has their own tax % that has to be kept current - but each has their own laws about how long you have to keep secure data records about it for up to 10 years. Plus you have to file taxes to each one of these countries. Now there are firms you can pay to manage the actual tax payment by charging everyone affected by a flat avg %, but you still have to figure out how to sync your cart with the firm you're using AND comply with each individual country's data laws.

We are definitely going to need an accurate app to manage this - and SOON.

Edit : Our team is building a Multi-Vendor site right now and looking to solve this issue in the next couple of months. I would welcome contact from any developers that have done the proper research on this and can help us with compliance / customization.

there is no problem…

you have to sale by your country's law and you can't make tax rates out.

if you have a tax rate 0,7,19 that are you tax rates but you can also sell without tax…

if you do so you have to pay taxes for you merchandise and get refunded or you get compensation in some end tax bill with your tax office

if there is a eu vat for digital goods you can create this tax rate and apply this rate for digital products (if this is case in your country)

[quote name='demeldoo' timestamp='1425220886' post='206691'] there is no problem… you have to sale by your country's law and you can't make tax rates out. if you have a tax rate 0,7,19 that are you tax rates but you can also sell without tax… if you do so you have to pay taxes for you merchandise and get refunded or you get compensation in some end tax bill with your tax office if there is a eu vat for digital goods you can create this tax rate and apply this rate for digital products (if this is case in your country) [/quote]

Sorry, I was expecting a more built in solution like this Shopify setup. Yes, I was able to manually set up all 28 EU countries and we disabled anonymous checkout. We're still testing, but hopefully this will take care of it.

Registering for VAT

You must register for VAT in one of the following ways:

Register for VAT in every EU country where you do business.

Register for Mini One-Stop-Shop (MOSS) in the EU country where you reside. Your local tax authority (for example, HM Revenue & Customs in the UK) can provide you with more details on how to register for MOSS.

[quote name=‘demeldoo’ timestamp=‘1425241351’ post=‘206703’]

Registering for VAT

You must register for VAT in one of the following ways:

Register for VAT in every EU country where you do business.

Register for Mini One-Stop-Shop (MOSS) in the EU country where you reside. Your local tax authority (for example, HM Revenue & Customs in the UK) can provide you with more details on how to register for MOSS.

[/quote]

Yes, thank you! :) Our owner is already taking care of the registration.

OK, the next step of this nightmare… how to record & validate the required info?

[quote]You now have to record for 10 years:

• Full Address of customer
  • IP Address
  • Location of Bank
  • Country code of SIM card used by the customer
  • Location of customers fixed Land Line
  • Product codes, which link the purchases to the customer[/quote]

And this:

[quote]On the HMRC Twitter Q&A they stated that we need to obtain and keep on file the following evidence of location: “Two pieces of non-contradictory evidence such as, for example, IP address, bank account address or SIM card identifier code”.[/quote]

The customer provides the address. I see that the system records IP and obviously the product codes. I see the Anti Fraud add-on and understand it requires a MaxMind account - no problem. I read through part of their website and focus is entirely on IP for validation. Does it compare the address provided with the IP location at all?

We won’t know the bank location since we’ll be using PayPal.

What about recording/comparing the other info such as SIM country code and/or location of fixed land line?

Sorry, I’ve worked in carts for years but for small digital businesses and I’m out of my depth for this. Are there existing add-ons for this type of validation that I’m missing? Any insights for this part?

Any ideas on the list of required info above?

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I would suggest contacting [/font][/color][url=“http://cs-cart.seonid.com/”]http://cs-cart.seonid.com/[/url][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] - they have a specific EU tax add-on for cs-cart and might be willing to implement this in it for you. They also sell digital goods so will probably have run into the same problem. [/font][/color]

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1425818045' post='207409']

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I would suggest contacting [/font][/color][url=“http://cs-cart.seonid.com/”]http://cs-cart.seonid.com/[/url][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] - they have a specific EU tax add-on for cs-cart and might be willing to implement this in it for you. They also sell digital goods so will probably have run into the same problem. [/font][/color]

[/quote]

Thank you for the suggestion! I sent them a quote request. Hopefully they have a solution.