How To Make Changes To The Css

Hello everyone. I need help making changes to my css code… like the font, colors, etc. I am using version 4.2.2. When I use google chrome and click on the “inspect element” feature and look at the code and file path, I am able to locate the file location. However, the file path shows a var/cache/misc directory (which is temporary). I know this isn’t the REAL file path as the standalone file is temporary.

Where can I change the code / or get the real path to the file. I do not understand the mychanges addon with cs-cart. Please help.

[quote name='caldor' timestamp='1416602289' post='197660']

Hello everyone. I need help making changes to my css code… like the font, colors, etc. I am using version 4.2.2. When I use google chrome and click on the “inspect element” feature and look at the code and file path, I am able to locate the file location. However, the file path shows a var/cache/misc directory (which is temporary). I know this isn't the REAL file path as the standalone file is temporary.

Where can I change the code / or get the real path to the file. I do not understand the mychanges addon with cs-cart. Please help.

[/quote]

Hello,

It is necessary to go to Administration → Design → Themes and click the “Visual Editor” button. After the storefront is opened choose

Customize ->Custom CSS and write your own CSS. Then click the “Save” button opposite to Styles select box.

Generally, if you want to change the font, colours, etc. it is necessary to use other items from the Customize select box (Font, Colors, Backgrounds, etc.)

Sincerely yours,

CS-Market.

[quote name='CS-Market' timestamp='1416646811' post='197675']

Hello,

It is necessary to go to Administration → Design → Themes and click the “Visual Editor” button. After the storefront is opened choose

Customize ->Custom CSS and write your own CSS. Then click the “Save” button opposite to Styles select box.

Generally, if you want to change the font, colours, etc. it is necessary to use other items from the Customize select box (Font, Colors, Backgrounds, etc.)

Sincerely yours,

CS-Market.

[/quote]

Thank you, I am familiar with this however, I only want to change the font on my category menu. Would I enter in a code like “text decoration: normal” and would the software automatically know where to place the new css. I am so use to going into my cpanel file manager and changing it their by finding the file path of the css and editing it. Can you please provide more documentation on this.

[quote name=‘caldor’ timestamp=‘1416672046’ post=‘197697’]

Thank you, I am familiar with this however, I only want to change the font on my category menu. Would I enter in a code like “text decoration: normal” and would the software automatically know where to place the new css. I am so use to going into my cpanel file manager and changing it their by finding the file path of the css and editing it. Can you please provide more documentation on this.

[/quote]

Please check this topic: