Advantages Of The "responsive" Themes?

Hi,

We recently upgraded our CS Cart shop from 4.0.3 to 4.2.3 without issues and have kept our “Basic” theme from 4.0.3 without issues.

Just noticed that the new “1 click buy” feature is only for responsive themes at the moment, and will maybe be ported to the older basic themes later.

I’m wondering what are the advantages of switching to the Responsive themes as they seem to be the primary themes now and might avoid future trouble.

Thanks,

Qbasix,

We have an article about responsive design in our blog.

Read it. Maybe it helps you better understand the importance of the responsive design.

It is an old article, we had written it before the standard responsive theme released. But the main idea of the advantages of the responsive design is mentioned in the article.

Best regards, Alt-team.

[quote name='Qbasix' timestamp='1416375974' post='197328']

Hi,

We recently upgraded our CS Cart shop from 4.0.3 to 4.2.3 without issues and have kept our “Basic” theme from 4.0.3 without issues.

Just noticed that the new “1 click buy” feature is only for responsive themes at the moment, and will maybe be ported to the older basic themes later.

I'm wondering what are the advantages of switching to the Responsive themes as they seem to be the primary themes now and might avoid future trouble.

Thanks,

[/quote]

Check Google Analytics to find how many your visitors use mobile devices. Note that the responsive theme is more convenient for these customers and the chance that they can buy something will be greater if the responsive theme is used.

We do not push you to the decision to turn to responsive design, but there is a tendency in the world. [color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]People become so addicted to modern devices that no one can imagine their life without a smartphone or iPhone or a tablet. So it is up to you to decide whether you should use responsive theme or not on your website.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=4]Best regards, Alt-team.[/size][/font][/color]

I think you'll find that the current 'basic' theme will go away in the future.

Responsive design works on all platforms. The basic theme does not work well on mobile, tablet, consoles.

More than half of the internet is on mobile: Mobile Now Exceeds PC: The Biggest Shift Since the Internet Began - Search Engine Watch

Thanks for the link to the article, I will read it now.

I see the main purpose of the responsive theme is to enable better display support for mobile and other devices.

If the basic theme will be removed in future upgrade we will need to migrate to the responsive theme.

If I switch themes, will all our logo's and positions be reset?

Dear Qbasix,

If you switch themes, the blocks location turns to the standard positions. But the main logo will save its position.

Best regards, Alt-team.

Thanks for that, will try and experiment with the responsive theme.