Forbidden Option Combinations Aren't "hidden"

I have Hide Exceptions selected as my exception style in General > Settings and in my product I have Forbidden selected as the type. But on the live site, they aren’t hidden, just grayed out so they can’t be selected. Are they actually supposed to not be displayed, hence the word “hidden”?

[quote name='Brennie369' timestamp='1414183126' post='195180'] I have Hide Exceptions selected as my exception style in General > Settings and in my product I have Forbidden selected as the type. But on the live site, they aren't hidden, just grayed out so they can't be selected. Are they actually supposed to not be displayed, hence the word “hidden”? [/quote]

Try to use the following 3rd party module:

http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/site-management/hide-out-of-stock-product-variants.html

I am not sure this would work as it would require me to mark things as out of stock in order to be hidden (correct?) whereas what I am trying to do is just hide the options the customer is not selecting.

For example, in one option there is fragrance or no fragrance. If they select no fragrance, I'd like the fragrance options to become hidden. As it is now I am using forbidden combinations which disables the fragrance options but doesn't hide them, just grays them out. These also print on the invoice with a blank value. I'd like the invoice to just not print un-selected options.

Oops posted in wrong topic…

Looking for help on the same issue.. Did anyone figure out how to hide "Forbidden Combinations"

Try to use out free module

https://www.ecom-labs.com/ready-to-use-add-ons/cs-cart-hide-out-of-stock-variants-add-on.html

Looking for help on the same issue.. Did anyone figure out how to hide "Forbidden Combinations"

I have not found a solution. My "hidden" forbidden combinations continue to be greyed out.

Thanks eComLabs.. But the issue is that we don't want to hide "out of stock" combinations.. We are wanting to hide "Forbidden Combinations"

So when you create forbidden combinations and you select "No variant can be selected" that the system hides that option completely.. Not just grey it out.

Thanks eComLabs.. But the issue is that we don't want to hide "out of stock" combinations.. We are wanting to hide "Forbidden Combinations"

So when you create forbidden combinations and you select "No variant can be selected" that the system hides that option completely.. Not just grey it out.

How many options do you have in such prosucts?