Shipping Configuration

Hi

Perhaps some of you might be able to shed some light on how to… deal with setting up shipping in CS-Cart. I am using V4.1.5 at the moment and I want to setup the following method

Orders above 30 euro are exempt of shipping costs

but onlyif orders do not exceed 30 kg in total.

Orders below 30 euro are charged 5 euro if weight below 12 kg

How would I go about this.

Kind regards

Anthony

You can set up shipping rates and use the Total products weight in the cart and Order subtotal conditions of the promotions feature to set up free shipping

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1413968687' post='194806']

You can set up shipping rates and use the Total products weight in the cart and Order subtotal conditions of the promotions feature to set up free shipping

[/quote]

Are you sure you can set them simultaneously in one “custom shipping setting” ?

We need to have both rules apply bot the total weight in the cart and the free shipping condition when orders are above a certain set limit.

Anthony

PS

another related question that I have is, if the fee shipping is being applied and I still want to offer the customer a say in how we ship, can that be done also ?

[quote name='Webmaster_at_Mungotedo' timestamp='1413972629' post='194838']

Are you sure you can set them simultaneously in one “custom shipping setting” ?

We need to have both rules apply bot the total weight in the cart and the free shipping condition when orders are above a certain set limit.

[/quote]

Why not? The amount of conditions is not limited

[quote name='Webmaster_at_Mungotedo' timestamp='1413972629' post='194838']

PS

another related question that I have is, if the fee shipping is being applied and I still want to offer the customer a say in how we ship, can that be done also ?

[/quote]

This questions is not quite clear. Please clarify

Here is Anthony's partner: we solved the problem: apparently we misunderstood the option free shipping for products.

We thought that in order to apply for free shipping it ha to be ticked off… but the reverse was true: now every product had free shipping regardless of the shipping method/rules.

Now it works : it shows all 4 methods for domestic orders.

However, there is 1 weird bug: it keep showing 1 non-domestic country /method: Belgium.

Also:we can't find a solution for how to apply VAT properly.

Our country (NL) uses 2 VAT options

1 6% on a limited amount of products (e.g. books, nutrition) ,which just so happens to be 98% of our products

2 21% to everything else witha few exceptions

NOW the problem is here:

SHIPPING VAT is to be the SAME as what you sell: 6% for books/nutrition. and 21% for non-nutrition products.

When selling mixed products the shipping VAT has to follow the ratio of what is sold.

For the life of me, I can NOT find a way to apply the correct VAT .

How to get out of this? Just apply 6% overall seems easiest and is what we've Always done. (and many shops don't even apply it fomally.)